Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

I am planning to apply PR in USA .I have 9 years exp in telecom operators in Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management. I am from India presently working in Myanmar as Head Revenue Assurance in Telenor.

Please suggest if any possibilities to get PR or work permit for USA.

Regards
Ajay

·
Administrator
50,415 Posts
You can't apply directly for a work permit - you need to find an employer who is willing and able to get work authorization for you (usually because you have some skill or experience not generally available in the local work force) and sponsor your visa application.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks bey for suggestion.
Could you please confirm from where I can get companies details to apply for h1 visa.

Regards
Ajay

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
There are no websites with jobs and companies that will sponsor you for H1b (and those that claim they do, ask $$$ and you can't trust those).
Try to build a professional network in the US, with people who are working in your field or in companies that you would like to work for. Use LinkedIn. Become an active member of groups where your kind of professionals in the US are part of. And apply for jobs. Over and over and over again. Most of the time you will be rejected, but who knows...

·
Administrator
50,415 Posts
As EVHB said, there are no "H1B jobs" per se. And no websites that list H1B jobs. You can take a look at all the "usual sources" for job listings: LinkedIn, Monster.com, job listings in big city newspapers online and large company websites that include their open vacancies.

The big thing to remember is that, in applying for any job from overseas, you need to address the issue of your need for a visa. First of all, the employer will want to meet you in person - so it really really helps if you can say that you'll be in the US at some point (vacation trip, business trip, anything you can manage). But secondly, you have to give the potential employer a reason to jump through all the hoops to try to get you a work permit - specific training, experience or expertise that distinguishes you from the rest of the job market in the US.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts