Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm MSc in software engineering with 6+ years of experience and recently I decided to apply for 175 visa. I know I need to arrange skill recognition at ACS and I have all necessary papers except Detailed Employment References.

Does anyone knows how it has to be written? How much pages? What form? Any examples?

Thanks in advance!
Miljan

·
Registered
59 Posts
It has to be on a company letterhead, and give full details of how long you have worked for the company, what your exact position is in the company, and exactly what you do. The more the better. Mine had details of all my skills, my salary, how long I had worked there, what I was an "expert" in etc. It also had a "generic description" of what a job description of my work entailed. Mine was 3 pages in length but I don't think that this is really necessary. As long as you can show that you have been employed for x amount of time, these are your skills, this is what you are like to work with etc and it is signed by a manager (that can be contacted) you should be fine. Please remember the manager must include a contact number

Reactions: knyazs

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi shonawilke,

thank you for this quick reply. I knew almost everything you said, except salary, I thought it's irrelevant for knowledge recognition? I just don't get how you ended up with 3 pages? :) Mine is 1 A4 page long. That's the thing that bothers me: I don't want to write neither too long or too small reference.

Do you have some resources where I could find ACS reference examples?

Thanks in advance,
Miljan

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi shonawilke,

thank you for this quick reply. I knew almost everything you said, except salary, I thought it's irrelevant for knowledge recognition? I just don't get how you ended up with 3 pages? :) Mine is 1 A4 page long. That's the thing that bothers me: I don't want to write neither too long or too small reference.

Do you have some resources where I could find ACS reference examples?

Thanks in advance,
Miljan
If your company is ready to give a detailed job description then it is fantastic.

In my case my company was ready to give me only joining date, current designation and address on their letter head.

I gave a statutory declaration describing my roles and responsibilities. You can find the official template here - Statutory declarations

I gave a 1 page stat dec which was from my previous manager. He is more of a freind now so it was not at all difficult getting it from him.

I was basically in the following format,

I know xyz since last so and so years. I was his line manager from 2008-10. He is an expert in Java/J2EE and Oracle. He is currently designated as xyz position and his responsibilities are,

1. write code in java
2. design java applications
3. do code review
and so on... google for some good roles a software engineer and pick those you actually do.

He has good leadership skills and is also one of the most cheerful members of the team.

All the best... PM me know in case you need more info.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.