Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need any advice anyone can give me at this point
Me and my fiance just want to be together an live together indefinitely in the UK, we have been apart for 2 years and now finally spending a few weeks together in the UK we want to make things official.
We have tried the route of a fiance visa, but he has been with is employer for over 6 months but just now got a raise to 18,700 a year and that would put off our visa time until next april, and just we dont want to be part for that long if we can help it.
We were thinking of just doing a visitor visa to live together for 4-5 months, but more than likely we couldn't complete that because I would have to leave my job and border patrol would think Im being sneaky and try to over stay, and the last thing in the world that i want is a bad mark on my passport.
Our last option is a marriage visitor visa, so that i could go there for whatever amount of time needed, we get married and then i return home, and then in the respected time I can then apply for my spouse visa and return to the uk indefinitely.
This would be a great option for us, but i just dont think ill have enough proof of ties with my home country for border patrol to accept me. I dont own a home or rent, I am still living with family, I dont think I could keep the current job i am in, because they would not allow me a leave of absence that long, all i would have would be a purchased return ticket, thats all.
Just im at a loss and so defeated, I just want to be with my fiance and all of these things are making it seem like its impossible.
Sorry this is so long, im just very desperate for some help

·
Registered
212 Posts
My wife and I were in pretty much the same position as you in 2014. My wife is a British citizen and I am American. We went the Marriage Visit Visa route for the same reason which allows you to visit for 6 months but like 60 days of it to marry. Proof of ties to your home country is hard yes but not impossible. I had no job either but had a pension from the US I could still receive in the UK Which kind of made things a little harder. I failed my first attempt because of it and then I got serious.
1 my banking was in the US and would not issue me debut cards to an overseas address, I used that to my advantage along with a bank letter stating so.
2 My vehicle was my only big asset so I used that and a pic of it and a copy of my registration
3 Family and friends, I told them that my family was here and I wasn't ready to leave my home life which was true at the time.
4 I went through the reasons for refusal online and stated every single rule that applied to (not submitting enough evidence to prove my ties to home) and On my letter of introduction made a declaration at the bottom of the page stating all paragraphs and sub paragraphs such as those listed in (56D l, ll, lll which applied at that time and are now in paragraph V) making it clear to them I completely understood the visa rules.
Any pets, or other valuables that you cant take with you should be listed. I am not saying this will work for you but it worked for me and I not only got my Marriage Visit Visa but also a visit visa the next year 2015-16 for 6 months. We just applied for our spouse visa. Also a note of real worth, find everything you can to prove you intend to marry. Ring Purchases with receipts, emails form his local Registry printed that he has registered and insist to them that you get something worthy of proof you intend to marry! Wedding dress purchase with a pic and receipt, and so forth. Good luck!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.