Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I am 29 (nearly 30) and seeking an opportuniuty to work and travel in Canada for a year. I have a good degree, a post grad diploma and good work experience to offer - but I can't seem to crack the visa jungle

From what I can gather from the Canadian Embassy website I can apply for the youth mobility programme during my 30th year. What it doesn't tell me - and what other sites dont seem to have info on - is:
- Are there any restrictions on the type of work I can get?
- Do I need a job offer before I go? (most info says no)
- Are there restrictions on the maximum length of temporary job I can take e.g 6 nmonths

The main problem seem sto be where to find reliable up to date information - I hope you can help! Any suggestion welcome.

Thanks

Emilie

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Help! I am 29 (nearly 30) and seeking an opportuniuty to work and travel in Canada for a year. I have a good degree, a post grad diploma and good work experience to offer - but I can't seem to crack the visa jungle

From what I can gather from the Canadian Embassy website I can apply for the youth mobility programme during my 30th year. What it doesn't tell me - and what other sites dont seem to have info on - is:
- Are there any restrictions on the type of work I can get? No restrictions
- Do I need a job offer before I go? (most info says no) answer is NO
- Are there restrictions on the maximum length of temporary job I can take e.g 6 nmonths No time restrictions other than the end date of your visa

The main problem seem sto be where to find reliable up to date information - I hope you can help! Any suggestion welcome.

Thanks

Emilie
Much good luck to you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think what your looking for is something along the lines of the BUNAC programme. If you google BUNAC their website should come up, its got a great FAQ section and lots of good info, hope this helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your quick response - do you kno where I can get further information which confirms these things?

Many thannks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am applying as well! Have you found what you were looking for yet or do you need any other information? I think the website is pretty much complete and you should find answers to your questions in the FAQ section!

Good luck,
Deb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am applying as well! Have you found what you were looking for yet or do you need any other information? I think the website is pretty much complete and you should find answers to your questions in the FAQ section!

Good luck,
Deb
Hey Deb

Thanks for your message - in the end I doscovered that the working holiday programme is actually adminsistered throiugh BUNAC - they are the only ones who do it. All the info is on their website and they're really helpful when you call

Best of luck

Emilie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.