Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been reading night after night and see that there are some knowledgeable people here who give their time up to help others out, so maybe someone would be able to provide a bit of direction in this case...

My partner (Australian) and I need to move from the UK with our infant child to Australia permanently and as soon as possible. We've been offered a house and need to jump on the bandwagon.

I am eligible for the permanent partner visa without the 2 year wait as we have been together for 3 years and have a child together.

I know that those applying for an offshore temporary/permanent partner visa must be outside the country when receiving a decision. However, I also know that those waiting to hear about a permanent partner visa may be either in or out of Australia.

Because I am eligible right away for the permanent partner visa without having to wait the 2 year wait, I figured you guys would know if I could make my application from the UK, and then be in Australia when I receive the decision for the partner visa. Or, whether I can apply while I am in the country on, say, a Tourist visa (though this takes longer to process and there is no access to work).

We need to move as soon as possible and as I understand it, the wait for this visa is about 3 months. Any word on current waiting times? I read that there is sometimes quicker turnaround and that it's best to enter on the proper visa.

Thanks so much for anyone reading who can share what they know!


1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.