Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am considering to apply for a 190 Visa for ICT Manager skill category.
I have few doubts and I seek some advice on it.

I have 11 years of IT experience and for the last 7 years my roles and responsibilities are matching ICT Project Manager. My current designation is "IT ops/Support analyst".
Will this be an issue if I apply for ICT manager skills.

I will appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hello,

I am considering to apply for a 190 Visa for ICT Manager skill category.
I have few doubts and I seek some advice on it.

I have 11 years of IT experience and for the last 7 years my roles and responsibilities are matching ICT Project Manager. My current designation is "IT ops/Support analyst".
Will this be an issue if I apply for ICT manager skills.

I will appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks
hi friend,

if your current roles and responsibilities are matching exactly with that of ICT manager as defined in DIAC'S website, then designation doesn't matter. However, please check the roles and responsibilities of IT Ops/support analyst set by DIAC. Is there any occupation named "IT Ops/support" in CSOL/SOL occupation list. If there both of these occupations have same roles, then your skills will be assessed for the second position (IT Ops/security analyst).

Revert back to me if you have answers for the above questions.

Regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sathiya,

for the quick response. I couldn't get any occupation named as "IT ops/Support analyst" but how ever there is an occupation by the name "261112 - Systems Analysts".

I contacted few consultants and some of them told that designation is important for "ICT project manager" occupation.

I am confused what occupation shall I choose to apply for.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts