Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a situation that i need some advice on. i have been messed around by the legal system for my immigration case. i have lived here and abided by the law yet i feel that i have had no justice. my case started back in 2005 when i went to a solicitor in london merely to change my status from work permit to spouse visa but i was none the wiser that my problems are just getting started. the solicitor
prolonged it by every step telling us that its getting done. thus we realised when we rang homeoffice that our case had not been entered. since then we complained to legal services and an investigation took place, we also got another lawyer from where i then went on to a discretionary visa. my question in all this is that it was not my fault that the i got crook of a solicitor who had in actual fact done many cases before and was well known. Why do i have to suffer through all this, there are people living here that have been on asylum for ten years and have got indefinite. i have a family wife and three children, married for 7 years i would like to know can my visa will extend or can i get the indefinite leave to remain. i hope you understand where i'm comng from and if you can please help me on this matter further.

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
i have a situation that i need some advice on. i have been messed around by the legal system for my immigration case. i have lived here and abided by the law yet i feel that i have had no justice. my case started back in 2005 when i went to a solicitor in london merely to change my status from work permit to spouse visa but i was none the wiser that my problems are just getting started. the solicitor
prolonged it by every step telling us that its getting done. thus we realised when we rang homeoffice that our case had not been entered. since then we complained to legal services and an investigation took place, we also got another lawyer from where i then went on to a discretionary visa. my question in all this is that it was not my fault that the i got crook of a solicitor who had in actual fact done many cases before and was well known. Why do i have to suffer through all this, there are people living here that have been on asylum for ten years and have got indefinite. i have a family wife and three children, married for 7 years i would like to know can my visa will extend or can i get the indefinite leave to remain. i hope you understand where i'm comng from and if you can please help me on this matter further.
While I symthasise with your plight, I'm afraid none of us is in a position to help you because we don't have full facts and are not legally qualified. The only people who can sort out the mess is a competent immigration lawyer who can put up a robust defence of your rights with Home Office.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.