Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to apply visa 176 with my mom OR my dad as dependent. It is very important for me to get at least one of them along with me. I have done lot of research on the forum, but i still have two doubts.

My questions are :

1. If the dependent application fails will it effect my application?
Please point me to the immi website or some verifiable link where there is any mention.

2. Is there any success story for showing parents as dependents?
As i feel govt is looking for hefty amounts as fee in contributory parent visa, so they wont like to allow parent on regular visa. Is there any way I can show them dependent?

Please help.

regards, Tajinder

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to apply visa 176 with my mom OR my dad as dependent. It is very important for me to get at least one of them along with me. I have done lot of research on the forum, but i still have two doubts.

My questions are :

1. If the dependent application fails will it effect my application?
Please point me to the immi website or some verifiable link where there is any mention.

2. Is there any success story for showing parents as dependents?
As i feel govt is looking for hefty amounts as fee in contributory parent visa, so they wont like to allow parent on regular visa. Is there any way I can show them dependent?

Please help.

regards, Tajinder
Dear Tajinder,

Check the below official link of Australian Immigration which has the details of various visas.

Visa Options – Professionals and other Skilled Migrants – Workers – Visas & Immigration

Regards,
Vickey.

G

·
You won't be able to put either of your parent as dependents. Adults who are dependent must be single, as both your parents are alive they are dependent on each other not you! You couldn't just put one of them down as they are still a couple!

If you choose to put them down as such DIAC will ask you to either prove their dependency or remove them from the application. If you choose to still leave them on the application your whole application will fail because if one fails all fail.

There is no easy way around it bar parent visas!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks _shell, for your reply.

I have only few doubts left.
1. Please guide me in showing cash reserve in bank accounts for 176. When & How much amount do I need to show? What are the conditions to show such details?

2. If I apply it online, Can I pay the amount by bank draft? as my credit card does not have that much limit to pay 2960 AUD.

thanks, tajinder

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks _shell, for your reply.

I have only few doubts left.
1. Please guide me in showing cash reserve in bank accounts for 176. When & How much amount do I need to show? What are the conditions to show such details?

2. If I apply it online, Can I pay the amount by bank draft? as my credit card does not have that much limit to pay 2960 AUD.

thanks, tajinder
Hi Tajinder,

1. Depends on the state, and how much they need you to show as financial proof (cash & assets) for individual (+dependents)

2. You need to pay online, people earlier have used follwin options -
- use friend's CC with that much credit limit
- Talk with your bank, deposit the amount beforehand to use that much limit for CC
- Use debit card details, as per few posts i have read earlier, its accepted, though not very sure on this

All the best, Cheers :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.