Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I do the skill assessment process, I need to lodge EOI when applying to SS in South Australia. When lodging EOI, should I mention my dependents and their english qualifications? Is it a must? Can I add them later?

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
If I do the skill assessment process, I need to lodge EOI when applying to SS in South Australia. When lodging EOI, should I mention my dependents and their english qualifications? Is it a must? Can I add them later?
In my opinion you should add the dependents in the EOI when submitting the same.

Please don't add your parents or other relatives as dependents except your spouse and children

English qualifications of the dependents is not needed at EOI stage

Cheers

·
Registered
6,594 Posts

as i remember it just asks for number of dependents,

it doesnt asks for partners qualification/skills/english unless you are claiming partner points

nowhere it asks for dependents(child) details wrt education/english

final call for dependents is at visa application stage

·
Registered
63 Posts
So if a candidate gets invited to apply for say a Visa 189/190 and I list my wife as a dependent, would she be able to work and be granted PR if my application is approved for Visa 189/190? Thanks

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
So if a candidate gets invited to apply for say a Visa 189/190 and I list my wife as a dependent, would she be able to work and be granted PR if my application is approved for Visa 189/190? Thanks
You are correct

Cheers

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
PR visa is granted individually and each visa applicant will have all PR rights as that of the primary applicant

·
Registered
63 Posts
Need clarity on the following explanation regarding Partner Skills Points...had a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for their nominated occupation (which must be on the same skilled occupations list as your nominated occupation).

So if I am the primary applicant and my skill occupation is Management Accountant and my spouse is under Medical Laboratory Scientist, would I qualify for the 5 bonus points?

Thanks

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Need clarity on the following explanation regarding Partner Skills Points...had a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for their nominated occupation (which must be on the same skilled occupations list as your nominated occupation).

So if I am the primary applicant and my skill occupation is Management Accountant and my spouse is under Medical Laboratory Scientist, would I qualify for the 5 bonus points?

Thanks
Please give the ANZSCO code for both

Cheers

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
23,906 Posts

Thanks
As you both are on MLTSSL list, you would qualify
However, you also have to meet these conditions:

You can receive 5 points if your partner can demonstrate, at the time you are invited to apply, they:

– were under 50 years of age

– had at least Competent English

– had a skilled occupation from the relevant Skilled Occupation List, that is your partners nominated occupation must be on the same Skilled Occupation List as your nominated occupation, and

– have a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for their (your partner's) skilled occupation.

You cannot receive these points if your partner is not included on your visa application, or if they are an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.

Cheers

·
Registered
63 Posts
Cool. Thanks

So if I understood it correctly, My wife could have a different occupation than me but both it has to be on the same relevant skill occupation list as me.

After reading further on the website in regards to visa 189, it looks like as of April 19, 2017, the relevant occupation list was cut down to only 16 occupations.

My best option in terms of getting PR the quickest and having the most mobility would be to apply for 190 and hope to be selected by VIC or NSW.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Cool. Thanks

So if I understood it correctly, My wife could have a different occupation than me but both it has to be on the same relevant skill occupation list as me.

After reading further on the website in regards to visa 189, it looks like as of April 19, 2017, the relevant occupation list was cut down to only 16 occupations.

My best option in terms of getting PR the quickest and having the most mobility would be to apply for 190 and hope to be selected by VIC or NSW.
why not 189 ?? both the skills are on MTSSL

·
Registered
63 Posts
Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)

The second bullet point notes that there are only 16 occupation that now qualifies for 189. Most are in engineering field. I believe this recently took effect on April 19, 2017. Am I misinterpreting the skill occupation list?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,594 Posts

The second bullet point notes that there are only 16 occupation that now qualifies for 189. Most are in engineering field. I believe this recently took effect on April 19, 2017. Am I misinterpreting the skill occupation list?

Thanks
okk.. I may be wrong then.. but let us wait for July 1st week, the confusion on occupations will be clear then

·
Registered
23,906 Posts

Thanks
You are mis interpreting the list

there are hundreds of occupations which qualify for 189
Those 16 have some special conditions attached to them
Fortunately both your codes have no other specific conditions

If your spouse has already been assessed for Skills and English, you can claim points for her.
I am presuming that age etc. would not be a hindrance

Cheers

·
Registered
63 Posts
I see. The wording is a little confusing under note 2. Thankfully, I have forum members like you all to help clarify.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Some follow up questions regarding EOI and Secondary Dependent...

1) I'm the primary applicant and have started my EOI last weekend. I have not yet completed PTE-A test or CPA skill assessment yet. Will my EOI get rejected or can I change my DOE in Skillselect when I receive my score?

2) The turnaround time for CPA skill assessment is only 2 weeks for 221111 - Accountant (General) but my wife has to get her skills assessed by AIMS for Medical Laboratory Scientist 234611 which takes 8-10 weeks. Do I have to wait until we both have our skills assessed before lodging EOI or can I start EOI before getting her results?

3) On the website of AIMS for Medical Laboratory Scientist 234611...It says a candidate must receive a 7 in PTE-A english language test but I read on SkillSelect that a candidate only needs functional english and this can be satisfied with a USA passport. Should I appeal to AIMS that their english requirement shouldn't factor into her skill assessment since she satisfies DIBP guidelines?

4) I currently have majority of my paystub from all employers and W2 IRS Tax document along with annual tax filing. Also have bank statements for the past 10 years to prove direct deposit including 2 out of 3 employer job offer letter. Will this suffice in terms of showing proof of employment or will I need to provide reference letter from employers?...I hate to bother other people when it comes to these types of request and don't want to raise suspicion with my current employer.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Some follow up questions regarding EOI and Secondary Dependent...

1) I'm the primary applicant and have started my EOI last weekend. I have not yet completed PTE-A test or CPA skill assessment yet. Will my EOI get rejected or can I change my DOE in Skillselect when I receive my score?

2) The turnaround time for CPA skill assessment is only 2 weeks for 221111 - Accountant (General) but my wife has to get her skills assessed by AIMS for Medical Laboratory Scientist 234611 which takes 8-10 weeks. Do I have to wait until we both have our skills assessed before lodging EOI or can I start EOI before getting her results?

3) On the website of AIMS for Medical Laboratory Scientist 234611...It says a candidate must receive a 7 in PTE-A english language test but I read on SkillSelect that a candidate only needs functional english and this can be satisfied with a USA passport. Should I appeal to AIMS that their english requirement shouldn't factor into her skill assessment since she satisfies DIBP guidelines?

4) I currently have majority of my paystub from all employers and W2 IRS Tax document along with annual tax filing. Also have bank statements for the past 10 years to prove direct deposit including 2 out of 3 employer job offer letter. Will this suffice in terms of showing proof of employment or will I need to provide reference letter from employers?...I hate to bother other people when it comes to these types of request and don't want to raise suspicion with my current employer.

Thanks
In eoi you need to mention reference number of documents for
1. Skill assessment
2. English test report
So, i think it wouldn't be meaningful/feasible to submit eoi without aforesaid

Rules of skill assessment body are different from dibp, please confirm with them in email whether a US citizen is bound to take english test for skill assessment

Payslip and tax documents you mentioned should suffice

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts