Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends, I need your help with the following query.

I got PR visa (175) in last march and I am planning to marry soon and apply dependent Visa for her. What is minimum eligibility criteria she need to fulfill? Like educational qualification, IELTS score etc.. If she can’t fulfill them, what are the other options?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Do you mean spouse visa (rather than dependent?).

Dolly

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sorry for confusion Dolly. I am talking about Visa for spouse ( The gal to whom I am going to marry, Ofcourse I haven't found a gal yet ;-))

Thanks,
akash, you lost me there...you want to apply for a spouse visa so that your wife can join you but you haven't found a girl yet? If you haven't found a girl or gotten married then why are you asking this now? :confused:

But to answer your question, the spouse need not fulfil any educational requirements. That's only for working visa :)

What you do need to produce are:
- Recognised marriage cert
- Evidence that the relationship is genuine and continuing
- Health checks
- PCC

Actually the list is available on DIAC website :) What I'm telling you now is just the very basics hehe...Just click on the relevant link that leads to Spouse Visa and you'll have your info there :)

But if your to-be-wife intends to work in OZ then she has to produce all the necessary qualifications (certs and all). IELTS not necessary since she's already in OZ, unless her employer specifically wants one.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Are you planning an arranged marriage then?

I'm confused too :noidea:

Dolly

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
akash, you lost me there...you want to apply for a spouse visa so that your wife can join you but you haven't found a girl yet? If you haven't found a girl or gotten married then why are you asking this now? :confused:

But to answer your question, the spouse need not fulfil any educational requirements. That's only for working visa :)

What you do need to produce are:
- Recognised marriage cert
- Evidence that the relationship is genuine and continuing
- Health checks
- PCC

Actually the list is available on DIAC website :) What I'm telling you now is just the very basics hehe...Just click on the relevant link that leads to Spouse Visa and you'll have your info there :)

But if your to-be-wife intends to work in OZ then she has to produce all the necessary qualifications (certs and all). IELTS not necessary since she's already in OZ, unless her employer specifically wants one.

Are you planning an arranged marriage then?

I'm confused too

Dolly
Thank You Swan..

To make it clear, I got PR in last March, but I haven't moved to OZ. I am planning to marry soon and move.

To make my question clear, if I marry any gal and if she doesn't have any plans to work in OZ, but she wants to stay with me.

- Does she need to fulfill IELTS requirement?
- She should be holding some degree?

Yes, I am planning for arranged marriage.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I presume you've validated your visa or you plan to by March '10?

Here's the check list http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/_pdf/309-100-checklist.pdf and it doesn't mention having to submit IELTS results so it looks like she doesn't need to do the test. Also, it won't matter if she has a degree or not.

Dolly

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi dolly, there is point which says.

Photocopies of one of the following documents to show your sponsor’s employment during the last two years:
•Australian income and/or overseas tax assessment notice
•a letter from their employer confirming length of employment and annual salary
payslips
•if your sponsor is self-employed or self-funded from other sources, business documents or a letter from your sponsor’s accountant.

so does this mean you have to have 2 years Australian experience before you can apply for partner visa?..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I presume you've validated your visa or you plan to by March '10?

Here's the check list http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/_pdf/309-100-checklist.pdf and it doesn't mention having to submit IELTS results so it looks like she doesn't need to do the test. Also, it won't matter if she has a degree or not.

Dolly
I am planning to have my first visit before march 2010. What are all documents I need carry to complete validation of my Visa in OZ at first visit? Just stamped visa?

Can you please answer Faraz question?

·
Registered
194 Posts
•Australian income and/or overseas tax assessment notice

so does this mean you have to have 2 years Australian experience before you can apply for partner visa?..
No you don't need 2 years OZ experience. But just take note that partner visas will only be granted when there is substantical/sufficient proof of the relationship. A marriage certificate will not be enough. Not too sure how DIAC will look at arranged marriages so I won't be able to comment much on your case. Best thing to do is to contact DIAC and ask for their advice.

I'm not sure what docs you need to bring to validate your visa but just ensure that all your important papers like certs have been translated to English by a valid translator :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts