Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is necessary to include newborn dependent name in visa application if he is not immigrating with me but i need to still fill details of all dependent. But his name is not decided yet so can we change his name later in the application and can fill temporary name as of now.

G

·
If he is not migrating just call him baby and whatever your surname is, change it later. But you are seriously not taking your newborn child with you?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i'll just come back after making my initial entry and then will get visa done for my family and will go back. Right now there are lot of formalities like passport, name etc that will take time and i dont have that much time to apply visa [30 days left only].
So once i will finalize name for my baby is it easy to get that change in their records ?

G

·
Both. If you change your mind you add them. If you decide on a name tell your CO.

But it will cost you lots more to get them a visa later and could mean being seperated for 12 months or more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it not possible that i just make an initial entry to australia and then just after come back and apply visa for my family. Though it will cost more but will not live seperate at least.

G

·
Yes but if you wish to not be seperated you will need to stay in India with them for 12 months until their visa is granted. Does away with saving any money and you will spend about $6000 on their visa.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is there any other option left if i don't have passport ready for dependents and it will take more time than what i have to apply for visa. please suggest

G

·
You can apply for their passports now and apply for the visa. Update theur passport details when you get it which will probably happen before you even get a case officer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts