Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm a British citizen and My wife is Thai, we're completing our application form for settlement visa - but on the form under family section it asked

"Do you have any dependent children?"

my wife had 2 children from her previous marriage, one age 7 and another 2 years old.

However they're staying with her family and Ex-Husband going back and forth between the two family.

She is the only one applying for visa to come over.....eventually when the children grow up a bit we'll lets them decide if they want to come over to England or not.

My question is, on the question I believed i will need to put "yes" to dependent children and "no" to are they travelling with her.

but will that mean my financial requirement will need to be £24,800.? or is it because I'm only sponsoring my wife, the financial requirement will still be only £18,600?

Thank you

·
Registered
81 Posts
You'd only need the higher amount if they were applying with her. You won't be supporting them in the UK as residents so don't have to meet the higher threshold.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
That's right. You would have to make separate applications for the children in any case so there will be no change from £18,600 for financial requirement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.