Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Franziz... I am 18 already and I am currently studying full time at tafe and at the same time I am working casually... and I am a dependent of my mom which is the main applicant for the 457 visa and I just wanted to know if I would be included with my mom's Permanent Residency application around next year... and my course is going to end this december. Would I still be included if I continued to work after my course?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I believe that you are allowed to be included on your mother's PR if you were on her 457 application. However, this is a recent development & maybe someone else will come & help with a link to the new regulations for you. Meanwhile,if you're only talking about a few months between the date your course ends & the new application, maybe you could enrol in a short course to ensure you are still seen as dependent? Just to be fail-safe. You could still work part-time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that you are allowed to be included on your mother's PR if you were on her 457 application. However, this is a recent development & maybe someone else will come & help with a link to the new regulations for you. Meanwhile,if you're only talking about a few months between the date your course ends & the new application, maybe you could enrol in a short course to ensure you are still seen as dependent? Just to be fail-safe. You could still work part-time.
Thanks! I've been thinking of that too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah... It would be best if she could apply now that I'm studying... there are just a few issues and odds at the moment which restricts her from applying right away that's why it may take her until next year to do so. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts