Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are having a very difficult time trying to determine which form to use for application for our three children (all under age 12). We ourselves have just submitted our online applications for Tier 1 Entrepreneur. For each of our children do we fill out the form "Tier 1 Entrepreneur Child" online? Or do we submit VAF10 (which appears to only have a printable version an no online version)? Are we missing something?

To arrive at "Tier 1 Entrepreneur Child" online I navigated from entering

- Selected "Work" as Type of Visa (even though my children aren't going to be working, but none of the other options led us anywhere)
- Selected "PBS Tier 1 Entrepreneur" for Purpose of Application
- Selected "Tier 1 Entrepreneur Child" for Type of Application

Can anyone with experience shed some light on this? We are extremely confused... Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Because even continuing from there through the application it is confusing - for example when choosing an option for parent's relationship to applicant it offers everything EXCEPT "son" or "daughter", which forces us to choose "other" - which makes no sense to us and leads us to doubt whether this is the correct application at all.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Going through the form again... it comes to a point where it asks "Your relationship to the parents" and it offers:

Please select
Brother
Father
Mother
Other
Sister

When I would think it would offer "Son" or "Daughter" or am I just reading this incorrectly (and therefore filling this out incorrectly)?!?

·
Registered
39,078 Posts
We are having a very difficult time trying to determine which form to use for application for our three children (all under age 12). We ourselves have just submitted our online applications for Tier 1 Entrepreneur. For each of our children do we fill out the form "Tier 1 Entrepreneur Child" online? Or do we submit VAF10 (which appears to only have a printable version an no online version)? Are we missing something?

To arrive at "Tier 1 Entrepreneur Child" online I navigated from entering

- Selected "Work" as Type of Visa (even though my children aren't going to be working, but none of the other options led us anywhere)
- Selected "PBS Tier 1 Entrepreneur" for Purpose of Application
- Selected "Tier 1 Entrepreneur Child" for Type of Application

Can anyone with experience shed some light on this? We are extremely confused... Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Because even continuing from there through the application it is confusing - for example when choosing an option for parent's relationship to applicant it offers everything EXCEPT "son" or "daughter", which forces us to choose "other" - which makes no sense to us and leads us to doubt whether this is the correct application at all.
Yes, you apply online navigating from http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Child is correct.
Then after giving some personal details, you choose 'Single' as marital status. I can't find the particular question. It just asks for Father's (Section 4) and Mother's (section 5) details.

You should have applied for them at the same time, as fees are 1/3 of those when applying separately (equivalent of £250 instead of £750 for each child).

Going through the form again... it comes to a point where it asks "Your relationship to the parents" and it offers:

Please select
Brother
Father
Mother
Other
Sister

When I would think it would offer "Son" or "Daughter" or am I just reading this incorrectly (and therefore filling this out incorrectly)?!?
This option will only appear if you are completing an online form for other dependants (i.e. extended family members). Entrepreneur Child only asks for the applicant's Father and Mother's details, as I have said.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should have applied for them at the same time, as fees are 1/3 of those when applying separately (equivalent of £250 instead of £750 for each child).
Thanks again Joppa!

We did apply 1 at a time as we couldn't figure out how to all apply at the same time to arrive at that savings... yes it was quite expensive but we couldn't figure out how to do it all together. I guess it would be hard to try to get reimbursed?!?

·
Registered
39,078 Posts
Thanks again Joppa!

We did apply 1 at a time as we couldn't figure out how to all apply at the same time to arrive at that savings... yes it was quite expensive but we couldn't figure out how to do it all together. I guess it would be hard to try to get reimbursed?!?
I don't think you will get your money back. But if you haven't given your biometrics, you can cancel, get all your money back and reapply.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think you will get your money back. But if you haven't given your biometrics, you can cancel, get all your money back and reapply.
Thanks again, but how do I cancel all 5 applications and then apply all together? When we were applying one at a time it's not as if they gave us an option to do it all together or add on another family member or dependent... succinctly done they still charge $1,358 each application.

·
Registered
39,078 Posts
Thanks again, but how do I cancel all 5 applications and then apply all together? When we were applying one at a time it's not as if they gave us an option to do it all together or add on another family member or dependent... succinctly done they still charge $1,358 each application.
I've just noticed that the fees for main applicant and dependants are the same when applying in US, so there's no advantage in applying together, even if it's possible.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/usa/fees/?langname=UK English#resultTableAnchor

So reduced fees for applications made together only applies to UK, where you have to submit paper forms.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just noticed that the fees for main applicant and dependants are the same when applying in US, so there's no advantage in applying together, even if it's possible.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/usa/fees/?langname=UK English#resultTableAnchor

So reduced fees for applications made together only applies to UK, where you have to submit paper forms.
Thank you for putting me at ease regarding this. Everyone hates to miss out on a potential savings!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.