Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I am curious to know how the PR for dependents work . Should I file for a New application for my partner or should I add her as a dependant to my PR. Should she need to have 60 points for the application? Which is best and how to go about it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi Folks,

I am curious to know how the PR for dependents work . Should I file for a New application for my partner or should I add her as a dependant to my PR. Should she need to have 60 points for the application? Which is best and how to go about it.

Thanks!
She needs to get her Skill Assessment and get an occupation code which must in MLTSSL if you want 5 points in 189 and 190 (except some occupations) or STSOL if you want 5 points in 190.

She will also need to have Competent English IELTS 6+ and aged under 45 I assume.

If her skills assessment doesn't include education and work exp, its fine. She only need a positive assessment with an anzsco code.

After she gets her skill assessment, both of you can file their own EOI taking 5 points from each other giving twice the chances.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-190-sol-csol-what-1st-thing-i-should-do.html

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mate,

Thanks for the reply. So I should include her in my PR instead of processing a new application for her right.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hi Mate,

Thanks for the reply. So I should include her in my PR instead of processing a new application for her right.

Cheers!
Common opinion here holds that it is cheaper, quicker and less complicated to get partners included on the PR application rather than apply later. To be included she will need functional English, and to pass medical and background checks (requiring a PCC). She can waive the English requirement by having received her education in English or a passport from one of the specified native English speaking countries. Alternatively she can pay a massive wedge of cash to receive English lessons on arrival. If you wish to receive additional points towards your application by using her skills, you'll need the assessment as given in post above.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Common opinion here holds that it is cheaper, quicker and less complicated to get partners included on the PR application rather than apply later. To be included she will need functional English, and to pass medical and background checks (requiring a PCC). She can waive the English requirement by having received her education in English or a passport from one of the specified native English speaking countries. Alternatively she can pay a massive wedge of cash to receive English lessons on arrival. If you wish to receive additional points towards your application by using her skills, you'll need the assessment as given in post above.
Thanks mate for the reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts