Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I recently got my Australia PR and getting married in the next few months. Can someone explain how to add her as a dependent[189] in my PR and what will be the cost to add her in the PR and how long it is gonna take . Will be be eligible to Work in AUSTRALIA during that time frame as she wants to work here . Heard there are a few changes that happened recently.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
If you have been granted the PR already, then it is a closed case. Cannot add her to your PR now. You will have to apply for another visa for her- partner visa; or if she is eligible, she could process her own independent PR.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Folks,

I recently got my Australia PR and getting married in the next few months. Can someone explain how to add her as a dependent[189] in my PR and what will be the cost to add her in the PR and how long it is gonna take . Will be be eligible to Work in AUSTRALIA during that time frame as she wants to work here . Heard there are a few changes that happened recently.

Thanks!

Hi mate if you gave got your PR granted to you already then all you need to do is apply for dependant (spouse) visa and she will have same rights as you as soon the visa is granted to her. If you don’t mind, can you please tell me what subclass you applied for amd when? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mate,

I got 189 Visa and How long its gonna take for her to be added to the PR and can she work in the timeframe before the visa is granted.

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for reply. How long its gonna take for her to get the visa and can she work in AUS can she work in the timeframe before the visa is granted.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi Mate,

I got 189 Visa and How long its gonna take for her to be added to the PR and can she work in the timeframe before the visa is granted.

Thanks!
Once again: There is no such thing as "adding" her to the PR that you already have. No, she cannot work until her partner visa is processed. I am not sure about the other onshore partner visa though.
Thanks for reply. How long its gonna take for her to get the visa and can she work in AUS can she work in the timeframe before the visa is granted.
Global visa and citizenship processing times
Processing times vary a lot. I've seen the offshore 309 being granted recently in 3 months time and also in 8 months (for a mates wife - granted last week).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts