Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there good dentists in Dubai?. I moving to Dubai in a couple of weeks and i would like to get my gum cleaned. Dental work is very expensive in the US and if it is cheaper to have it done in Dubai, i dont mind the extra wait. Right now, i am looking at 550 dollars over here.

Any pointer will help

thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are there good dentists in Dubai?. I moving to Dubai in a couple of weeks and i would like to get my gum cleaned. Dental work is very expensive in the US and if it is cheaper to have it done in Dubai, i dont mind the extra wait. Right now, i am looking at 550 dollars over here.

Any pointer will help

thanks
Hi, I can recommend Dubai Sky Clinic Dental Centre at Burjuman Business Tower.
Tel +971 4 355 8808
Dubai Sky Clinic - Dental Centre -Dr. Maximilian Riewer

·
Registered
18 Posts
No, normally dental is not included in medical insurances. And if it is included it is mostly 'emergy dental treatment only'.

Basically it means that you will have to pay for chekups yourself and only fillings and root canal treaments etc are covered.
I even had a fight with my insurer that they were wondering if my root canal was an emergency. As if i would do that for fun?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
dentist in dubai

Hi, I had the same dentist for 5 years, excellent.
He is at Seven Dental Centre on Jumeira beach road
Dr Roland Ceyte
Tel 3952177

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

Any pointer will help

thanks
Medi Centres have treated me ok. But I dont know of any cheap dentists anywhere in the world. They all charge like wounded bulls.
Dubai is a bit cheaper than Aus though not by much.
Medicentres

·
Registered
52 Posts

Any pointer will help

thanks
I found a Brilliant dentist in Dubai Medical City, she comes from the UK and has all the latest technology. Quite pricey - a full check up (she always does 2 xrays) and a clean and gum treatment Dhs2500.00

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found a Brilliant dentist in Dubai Medical City, she comes from the UK and has all the latest technology. Quite pricey - a full check up (she always does 2 xrays) and a clean and gum treatment Dhs2500.00

That is way too pricey even by USA standards.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I guess its one of those things when you find someone good you stick with them. Plus I am a BIG BABY when it comes to dentists!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, I can tell you that is extremely expensive...
My dentist 200dhs for a check and 75 Dhs per x ray and 650Dhs for a cleaning including bicarb spray....

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
One of the most highly qualified dentists in Dubai is Dr Dale Swallow (yes, his real name) of the UK Dental Clinic. State of the art equipment, but more importantly, unlike most dentists here he has a BDS with double honours and a MSC in dentistry. The service is friendly, but very thorough with an emphasis on preventative services.

Based in Healthcare City. Tel 04 363 5371

-

·
Registered
44 Posts
i got the cleaning done from Zulekha Hospital for around AED600

·
Registered
3 Posts
try the German clinic in the Emirate Towers it is good but expensive.Or the Canadian hospital in OUd Meta, Dubai.

I know another good one also but in sharjah Dr. Nael in "Bissan Medical Center" they are good and not expensive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, I can tell you that is extremely expensive...
My dentist 200dhs for a check and 75 Dhs per x ray and 650Dhs for a cleaning including bicarb spray....
I would say this is a very reasonable charge. AED 2,500 for a full check up is a bit expensive i would think...

·
Registered
12 Posts
One of the most highly qualified dentists in Dubai is Dr Dale Swallow (yes, his real name) of the UK Dental Clinic. State of the art equipment, but more importantly, unlike most dentists here he has a BDS with double honours and a MSC in dentistry. The service is friendly, but very thorough with an emphasis on preventative services.

Based in Healthcare City. Tel 04 363 5371

-
Hi Elphaba,

could you give me an indication of the pricing for a normal checkup and cleaning?

Thanks

Smiler

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

i went to Dr. Michael's and they charged me AED 750.00 for a filling. Can highly recommend them. Very professional and everything happens on time.

Smiler51

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.