Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not as straightforward as it sounds, apparently.

60,000 illegal homes in Malaga, 40,000 in Cádiz, 50,000 in Valencia - but hardly any demolition orders are going through.

What do you think? Should there be a blanket amnesty? Or should the government hire unemployed construction workers to take them down, at least the most blatantly intrusive ones?

Up against a brick wall (El País in English, 30/9/2013)

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Not as straightforward as it sounds, apparently.

60,000 illegal homes in Malaga, 40,000 in Cádiz, 50,000 in Valencia - but hardly any demolition orders are going through.

What do you think? Should there be a blanket amnesty? Or should the government hire unemployed construction workers to take them down, at least the most blatantly intrusive ones?

Up against a brick wall (El País in English, 30/9/2013)

No blanket amnesty where rural land has been blighted by concrete monstrosities. But some of these could be taken over by local authorities to rehome those evicted and to provide affordable social housing.

Maybe some kind of Commission should be set up in each province to examine the situation in their area..

·
Banned
1,832 Posts
is that picture for real?
Looks a lot like the view from Cala de Mijas looking up into the hills.

Hmmm?
Yes I would turn a number of these places into secure accommodation to house any official from any discipline who was involved in the building from the plan up.
They could then be gainfully employed renovating the rest for Social Housing (as has been said) with subsidised rents funded via their brown envelops. ;)

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Maybe I have different needs to most but why would anyone want to live like that in the first place?

There are some around here and they are ghastly.

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Looks a lot like the view from Cala de Mijas looking up into the hills.

Hmmm?
Yes I would turn a number of these places into secure accommodation to house any official from any discipline who was involved in the building from the plan up.
They could then be gainfully employed renovating the rest for Social Housing (as has been said) with subsidised rents funded via their brown envelops. ;)
Well said!
I wanted to 'like' this post but for some reason couldn't...

·
Registered
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe I have different needs to most but why would anyone want to live like that in the first place?

There are some around here and they are ghastly.
Depends what you lived in before, doesn't it?

For lots of young Spaniards, brought up in tiny, overcrowded village houses or city flats, a modern new home of your own, with all mod cons, was a dream come true. The boom and accompanying cheap mortgages made it possible - till the bubble burst.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
That's true I guess, I never understood the need for so many flats here so it's probably a step up.
Not everybody like a detached property I imagine.

It's still a blight on the countryside though if you ask me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts