Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I lodged my application for Skillselect 189 on 19 Dec, 2014 and I got an invoice for VAC2 on 6th of May 2015. I paid on 12th May 2015. I got a confirmation that the payment has been sent to the proper section for processing from the Adelaide team. After 3 weeks when I called them to find out what was going on they told me that since it is already June, all the Visa quotas for GSM are over and I will be granted visa only after 1 Junly 2015. They also stated that various decisions may affect my application even if I am on the last stage. Does this mean that if my category (IT Business Analyst) is not in the new list of GSM then I will be denied Visa? Can someone advise?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, what happened to me is that they waited till July 1st (of last year) to send me the VAC2 invoice. And then a week later, the visa was granted.
I highly doubt your visa will be rejected mate, especially after making you pay for VAC2. They just want to wait until the new financial year so you will be counted towards the 15/16 quota. I'm pretty sure your visa will be granted regardless of the new SOL.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi,

I lodged my application for Skillselect 189 on 19 Dec, 2014 and I got an invoice for VAC2 on 6th of May 2015. I paid on 12th May 2015. I got a confirmation that the payment has been sent to the proper section for processing from the Adelaide team. After 3 weeks when I called them to find out what was going on they told me that since it is already June, all the Visa quotas for GSM are over and I will be granted visa only after 1 Junly 2015. They also stated that various decisions may affect my application even if I am on the last stage. Does this mean that if my category (IT Business Analyst) is not in the new list of GSM then I will be denied Visa? Can someone advise?

Thanks in advance.
Hello Mate,

Please can you share your details that when did you get Grant ?

I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanks In Advance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts