Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I need an urgent advice from you.
I have applied for General Skilled Migration visa for Australia.The lodgement happened in Aug-2008.
I submitted medicals and PCC in April-2009.
Till this moment, I have got no updates.The status of my application on their web-site has not changed at all.It is still the same as it was in April.When I enquire about the status, I get the standard reply from them saying, "At present your application is undergoing routine processing.
Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met in relation to
an application can take some time.
The case officer is following up on the status of your application on a
regular basis to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable. You
will be contacted if we require additional information to process your
application
"
How long is it going to take? Why are they not updating the status on the site? My skill comes in the new CSL list.How long can it take like this in the worst case?
Please please please advise...Awaiting replies....

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

I know this wait must be awful for you. Have you chased your CO? At least you know your application is being processed, a lot of applicants on here are in 'limbo' having waited months with no movement whatsoever.

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
HI there

welcome to the forum, a friend had similar issue, she called DIAC and got her visa a week after that. Have you considered calling them? since you got your medicals done in March-April, you wont get much time for initial entry as it is normally one year from teh day you get your medicals done.

Send a PLE again, you never know if it works this time.

Wish you luck

anj

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI there

welcome to the forum, a friend had similar issue, she called DIAC and got her visa a week after that. Have you considered calling them? since you got your medicals done in March-April, you wont get much time for initial entry as it is normally one year from teh day you get your medicals done.

Send a PLE again, you never know if it works this time.

Wish you luck

anj
------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Anj,
I just called up DIAC. I had to hold on for almost 15 min before being able to speak to someone there. That operator also said the samething. The reply was the same. "Your application is undergoing routine processing...blah blah".What do I do now? Pls suggest something..

Reg,
Gopal

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi gopal i really dont know what to say. waiting is all that you can do, wait a week and send another PLE. thats all i can suggest

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi gopal i really dont know what to say. waiting is all that you can do, wait a week and send another PLE. thats all i can suggest
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your replies. Is there anything for me to worry about? I don't mind if the process is a bit delayed as long as the visa gets approved finally. Anyway, as there are lots of attacks on Indians in AUS now-a-days, it might not be safe for Indians to go there immediately.So,even if the visa is a bit delayed no problem as long as it finally comes.What do u have to say? Is my thinking right??
Pls reply.
Reg,
Gopal Desikan

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
tell me one thing gopal, is India safe? everyone has been pointing fingers at Australia for being unsafe for Indians, but no one says India is not safe for anyone. the way terror is spread across the country, it is far more serious than the cases in Australia. Relax and go with the flow. there are robbery/assault/attacks within India too. no place is crime free.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tell me one thing gopal, is India safe? everyone has been pointing fingers at Australia for being unsafe for Indians, but no one says India is not safe for anyone. the way terror is spread across the country, it is far more serious than the cases in Australia. Relax and go with the flow. there are robbery/assault/attacks within India too. no place is crime free.
Ok..Thanks for the advice....Shall I write a mail to the case officer? Will there be any response or will we get the same standard response?Why is it that they are not telling us where the application is stuck or what the problem is.The online statuses have not changed at all since I submitted PCC and medicals..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Azalea....Welcome to this forum. It was refreshing to see your comforting mail in the morning...Thank you..Nice to meet u too..
As regards the status check, I check the status online EVERYDAY.Nothing has changed since April 2009.Not a single letter has changed.
Thanks and regards,
Gopal

Maybe the department has undergo maintenance! Just check your status of application every now and then and keep them, inform about your application. Just be patience on that!

By the way I am azalea, a newbie here!
Nice to meet you! regards!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Dolly,
How can I contact the CO? What's the way for that? Whenever I call DIAC, some customer care representative answers the call.How do I know that my application is being processed?
Pls reply.

Gopal

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

I know this wait must be awful for you. Have you chased your CO? At least you know your application is being processed, a lot of applicants on here are in 'limbo' having waited months with no movement whatsoever.

Dolly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts