Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Does anyone knows how long can you delay in entering the UK after visa granted? I recently got a job offer in Australia, thought, while I'm waiting for the visa I might as well find something to do. However the contract is 6 months and I don't know how long the visa is going to take and how long after the visa granted I should enter the UK to activate it. Please help!! :(

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
What country are you applying from, and oh hey, won't you need a visa to work in Australia? Not sure the UKBA will smile on two active visa apps at the same time, one to go to Australia, and one to go to the UK. Can you delay your app, or have you already applied for the one to the UK?

As far as delayed entry, theoretically you can delay entry and then apply to extend your visa using the FLR app. But to delay six months is a hefty long delay!

ETA: You have to send your passport to the UKBA when you apply for a visa to the UK-how are you planning to travel to Australia without your passport?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I think I confused you. I live in Australia, in the waiting period for my spouse visa to the UK. Given all rumours about the new laws n all that I don't expect to get my visa anytime soon. But who knows. Therefore I just wonder if anyone knows about how long can I delay in entering the UK? Forexample, if I get my visa in 2 months and I can only delay for 3 months, which means I shouldn't take the offer because it's a six months contract.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Sorry I think I confused you. I live in Australia, in the waiting period for my spouse visa to the UK. Given all rumours about the new laws n all that I don't expect to get my visa anytime soon. But who knows. Therefore I just wonder if anyone knows about how long can I delay in entering the UK? Forexample, if I get my visa in 2 months and I can only delay for 3 months, which means I shouldn't take the offer because it's a six months contract.
OK, this is under present rules.
Your spouse visa is for 27 months, and after 2 years in UK you can apply for settlement (ILR). So you have a window of 3 months in which to travel to UK without having to extend your visa to qualify for settlement.
Currently it seems to be takeing around 3-4 weeks for a settlement visa to be issued by Manila visa hub for Australian applicants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.