Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dear Folks,
I am new to the forum and going to asses my skills for 189 or 190 for Australia.
I am a bit confused before my assessment. I have the following issue.

My Degree tittle is "Bachelor of Software Engineering" but i am working as a Network and System Engineer from last 5 years in U.A.E Dubai.

Now my question is.. Shall i go for "263111: COMPUTER NETWORK AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER" OR "261313: SOFTWARE ENGINEER " because i have Degree of Sof. Eng. and experience in Networks.

Please your experienced words and suggestions are required.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Based on the information shard by you, 263111: COMPUTER NETWORK AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER seems the way ahead for you.

My Dear Folks,
I am new to the forum and going to asses my skills for 189 or 190 for Australia.
I am a bit confused before my assessment. I have the following issue.

My Degree tittle is "Bachelor of Software Engineering" but i am working as a Network and System Engineer from last 5 years in U.A.E Dubai.

Now my question is.. Shall i go for "263111: COMPUTER NETWORK AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER" OR "261313: SOFTWARE ENGINEER " because i have Degree of Sof. Eng. and experience in Networks.

Please your experienced words and suggestions are required.

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brother Thanks for your reply..
Shall i go with "263111: COMPUTER NETWORK AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER" but i have degree of software engineering and on ACS i have seen that there should be at least 65% of units in your degree for what you are applying...i am really confused..
What i can do is i can make Software engineering experience for 5 years from my employer...
Still what do you suggest...

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Always try to be truthful with IMMI process.

I don't think that there would be any problem.

BUT to be sure, try to see Applicants with a similar kind of case.

Brother Thanks for your reply..
Shall i go with "263111: COMPUTER NETWORK AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER" but i have degree of software engineering and on ACS i have seen that there should be at least 65% of units in your degree for what you are applying...i am really confused..
What i can do is i can make Software engineering experience for 5 years from my employer...
Still what do you suggest...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Borak,

Go for 263111, I am telling from my personal experience

I also have bachelor of engineering in computers, which contains maximum software related subjects, and have got ACS

I guess you might already be aware that ACS is deducting 2 years experience from every candidates profile

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude Thanks For Your Reply..
You have bachelor of engineering so for which occupation code you got your ACS positive?
And i dont know for what and why and in which conditions ACS is deducting 2 years of experience ?
And your are in which stage for visa process...

Thanks

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
||| Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants |||

READ the attached document for better understanding of Skills Assessment by ACS.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Folks,

One question from you guys before i go to ACS site and submit my documents.
All of work experience documents are original and hard copies, on respected company letter heads, signed by HR managers, Having company stamps on it. My degree is also attested by Higher Education Commission of Pakistani and also attested by United Arab Emirates Embassy.(Currently working in UAE)

NOW MY QUESTION:: When you submitted for your ACS Skill Assessment did you attested it from any other legal person/autohrity or it was submitted as it was.

(BECUASE according to "Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants"
WHAT Certified Documents
All documents must be certified copies of originals and uploaded into the online application form as PDF
files.
A document is a certified copy when the original document is photocopied or scanned and a person
authorised to certify documents stamps and signs the copy, signifying that it is a true copy of the original
document.
The following information is required on each page of your certified copy:
 The words “Certified True Copy of the Original”
 The signature of the certifying person
 The date signed and name of the certifying person
 Registration number or title of the certifying person (eg: Police Officer, Doctor)
 Certification details must be legible on the copy )

Please help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts