Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear,
I am very new in looking for procedure for PR for Australia.

My qualification is Electrical & Electronics Engineering and I am having experience in Fire Protection Engineering of more than 10 years. I dont have any experience relates to my field of studies.

Could you please let me know, can I claim points for this ? What I have at the first step. I got 6.5 in IELTS. I am applying for PTE now.

Awaiting for your response.

·
Registered
23,915 Posts
Dear,

My qualification is Electrical & Electronics Engineering and I am having experience in Fire Protection Engineering of more than 10 years. I dont have any experience relates to my field of studies.

Could you please let me know, can I claim points for this ? What I have at the first step. I got 6.5 in IELTS. I am applying for PTE now.

The first step would be to find out the Anzsco code which suits your experience the most and in which list it falls MLTSSL or STSOL

Cheers

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dear,

If you have identified your appropriate skill which is closely related to fire protection engineering, then you need to submit your education and experience to your assessing authority. The assessing body will determine how much points you hold for education and experiences.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first step would be to find out the Anzsco code which suits your experience the most and in which list it falls MLTSSL or STSOL

Cheers
Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Dear I was looking for code 233311 as electrical engineer and 233411 as electronics engineer. There is nothing mentioned about Fire System. Its seen in the Mechanical Engineer.

I discussed with Agent called Y axis they told they will do it. But they are not saying which code. They are asking INR 160,000 for processing. And I discussed with another agent, he told I cannot apply for PR as both are different and I cannot fetch points for my skills.

I dont know what to do now..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have identified your appropriate skill which is closely related to fire protection engineering, then you need to submit your education and experience to your assessing authority. The assessing body will determine how much points you hold for education and experiences.

Thanks for your quick reply brother.

Dear I was looking for code 233311 as electrical engineer and 233411 as electronics engineer. There is nothing mentioned about Fire System. Its seen in the Mechanical Engineer.

I discussed with Agent called Y axis they told they will do it. But they are not saying which code. They are asking INR 160,000 for processing. And I discussed with another agent, he told I cannot apply for PR as both are different and I cannot fetch points for my skills.

·
Registered
23,915 Posts

I do not have personal information about Y Axis specifically, but a lot of agents who are active in india for processing visas of Australia and New Zealand , have come under severe criticism for the false claims that have made and submitting false and forged documents in the past

Recheck the real prospects of your getting the PR legally before you make a payment of the fees to any agent

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do not have personal information about Y Axis specifically, but a lot of agents who are active in india for processing visas of Australia and New Zealand , have come under severe criticism for the false claims that have made and submitting false and forged documents in the past

Recheck the real prospects of your getting the PR legally before you make a payment of the fees to any agent

Cheers
Yes I agree with you. They took my friends money and now nobody picks the call.

I dont want anything fake or illegal. I have all genuine international exprience. I just need good guidance for goahead. If you or anyone suggest me its will be helpful for me.

·
Registered
204 Posts

better to consult a reputable agent located in Australia if you are confused. you will pay more but it will be worth it. at least there is less chance that you will be given false promises.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
better to consult a reputable agent located in Australia if you are confused. you will pay more but it will be worth it. at least there is less chance that you will be given false promises.
Can you please suggest me any code as per your experience....

My bachelor in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Skills is Fire Alarm and Fire Fighting.

Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Don't pay the complete fee upfront. There are some agencies who just charges us nominal fee for assessing our eligibility to apply for PR. Agencies who say eligibility check free will not give you the anesco code.

I would suggest, the easiest way is just going through the various anesco task descriptions and find out atleast 50% matching skill in your domain. It will consume more time.

·
Registered
23,915 Posts

Further to my previous reply, we luckily have some very experienced members on the forum who have a lot of knowledge on how EA works, which should be the skills assessment agency in your case

Maybe they will see your post and guide you

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would suggest, the easiest way is just going through the various anesco task descriptions and find out atleast 50% matching skill in your domain. It will consume more time.

In the code for Electronics Engieneer 233411, i found about control system. I am working similar to that field. I will ask my employer to customize the experience certificate.

But in the discription, its only one time mentioned about this. Can I go for skill assessment ??

·
Registered
115 Posts
In the code for Electronics Engieneer 233411, i found about control system. I am working similar to that field. I will ask my employer to customize the experience certificate.

But in the discription, its only one time mentioned about this. Can I go for skill assessment ??
I prefer going for assessment only for the skill which has atleast 50% match. Anyways there is a separate thread with experienced forum members discussing on Engineers Australia. You should try posting queries in that thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts