Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
I a resident of New Delhi, India.
I'm planning to Do masters from AUSTRALIA , currently an ELECTRONICS ENGINEER (ECE) with just around 52% Marks.

I wish to Pursue my masters in Information systems or information technology , but so far most of the universities(deakin, Latrobe, Victoria,swinBurne) in Melbourne have Not given me an offer letter, just CQU ( central Queensland university in masters of applied information systems)

1. Is it because of the low percentage in my graduation ?
2. is it because i'm changing my field from Core electronics to IT/IS
3. Would it be better if i apply to Core electronics Post grad courses like Masters of telecom etc
4. Is it worth doing this course from CQU ? the uni doesn't really have a good ranking.
5. If somehow i get my Post Grad in Information systems, will by degree be assessed by ACS ? or Engineers Australia limited and what would the title be ?
6. Will this combination ( ECE and Information system) be good for my career and job ?
I eventually wish to settle down and get the PR in Australia. Please guide me through it.

I would really appreciate if you guys could answer atleast a few of my questions !
Regards

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey mate,

I highly doubt that any percentage is playing a major role in you getting an offer letter. Changing your field might be an issue in terms of getting it though. I am not sure about core electronics courses and stuff, but yeah if you get your post graduation in information systems, you can get it assessed by ACS, however these days ACS is introducing conditions just like it did with bachelor students wherein they either need to have year job experience after graduation in relevant work field or do a professional year which is essentially a rip off course conducted and operated by ACS across private institutions. Electronics is a very high demand job and very well paid indeed in Australia. I have a friend who is an electronics engineer in a local telecom giant and he gets rewarded very well for his efforts. It's not just PR that you should be looking at, it's your future life that you should be considering because after getting your PR, getting employed and growing your career should be the biggest concern.

I hope this helps. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Ursan

Reactions: KaranSahni

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ursan thank you so much for helping me out here. I just wanted to know if my percentage is the reason or change of field ! Now that you've made it pretty much clear , I'll apply in electronics courses. Let's see how that goes.
Any idea how good Cqu is ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts