Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my assessment done by ACS. The assessment was positive (RPL). However, ACS assessment letter does not mention qualification assessment. I have seen other ACS assessments where they say that degree has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing. Nothing is mentioned in my case. Is that going to be a problem? Should I go back to ACS and ask for updating assessment?

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
I got my assessment done by ACS. The assessment was positive (RPL). However, ACS assessment letter does not mention qualification assessment. I have seen other ACS assessments where they say that degree has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing. Nothing is mentioned in my case. Is that going to be a problem? Should I go back to ACS and ask for updating assessment?
If you want to claim points for Degree, then you should get the degree assessment AQF confirmation

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you want to claim points for Degree, then you should get the degree assessment AQF confirmation

Cheers
So does this mean I need to get my degree assessed through AQF and not even bother ACS, or I need to get it assessed from ACS and then go to AQF in order to claim points?

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
So does this mean I need to get my degree assessed through AQF and not even bother ACS, or I need to get it assessed from ACS and then go to AQF in order to claim points?
AQF Is not an assessment agency
AQF means Australian qualifications framework

Generally when ACS issues an assessment order, it has 2 parts
It tells you that your XYZ degree is equivalent to Australian btech degree or diploma or so as per AQF.
This allows you to claim points in Skillselect accordingly

The 2nd part is the date from which you can claim points for skilled experience

As ACS has not qualified your degree in the assessment order, means that you cannot claim points for degree as per this assessment order

This is my layman explanation and so do recheck if you are still eligible or you have some other recourse to claim the 15 points

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
AQF Is not an assessment agency
AQF means Australian qualifications framework

Generally when ACS issues an assessment order, it has 2 parts
It tells you that your XYZ degree is equivalent to Australian btech degree or diploma or so as per AQF.
This allows you to claim points in Skillselect accordingly

The 2nd part is the date from which you can claim points for skilled experience

As ACS has not qualified your degree in the assessment order, means that you cannot claim points for degree as per this assessment order

This is my layman explanation and so do recheck if you are still eligible or you have some other recourse to claim the 15 points

Cheers
Thanks mate...
Because I started and completed my IT degree in Australia, I guess I don't need to worry about AQF?

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
Thanks mate...
Because I started and completed my IT degree in Australia, I guess I don't need to worry about AQF?
That's correct
Your degree will obviously be as per AQF

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts