Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I think I have read everything in this forum about the partner visa and it stressed me out. Here is our situation, I am French and my fiancé AUs. We are living together for a year and a month exactly now. We are living now in Canada since January. He is on a work visa and I am on a tourist visa waiting for my student visa.

We thought that we were going to settle down here but we both miss Australia and want to move back there. So we have been collecting evidence for our relationship for few months now and we don't have much...
We are missing the financial aspects and maybe more.

When we were in Aus (I was on a WHV), we always stayed in a shared house where the rent was paid cash, so no bills in both our names. We never thought about getting a join bank account because we always shared the expenses without keeping counts on who pays what.
Once I get my student visa, we can get a join bank account.I am on a tourist visa for now I am not allowed to open a bank account :eek:
We want to include our wills as well but everything will be done just recently so I don't know if it counts.

We have as well a statutory declaration of common-law union done in Montréal. Otherwise the only proof that we have been living together are statutory declarations from his parents and a friend and letters sent to us (like payslip or tax income) with the same address. Statements of each bank account doesn't show much the sharing of finances.

So I am scared to death about sending this application if we get rejected because of the lack of evidence. Can someone tell me what should I do?
Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
You could write and tell the diac why you share no finances in your stat decs. You've got some evidence of living together if your mail went to the same address and maybe you could get other things like phone records etc to show you were in contact with eachother. Anything you can find no matter how insignificant it seems, get it and send it in. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.