Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was wondering if the financial evidence we have to provide has to also cover the full 12 month requirement?

Thanks for your help :).

G

·
Yes, you have to prove you have been in a defacto relationship for the whole period & need to include evidence for all factors of the relationship including finances, social, family, household etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. We have lived together for about 15 to 16 months but can only show financial evidence for 8 months as prior to that we used cash and this is shown on our bank statements. Also, before we lived together. I visited my OH and lived with him for 3 months. I can show that he supported us for those 3 months.

My question is will my application be in jeopardy since I can't show continuous financial evidence for 12 months?

Thanks.

G

·
No so long as you can provide other evidence of a committed defacto relationship for that period. My hubby had not long started work when we applied so prior to that the evidence showed me paying all the bills. But we did have other evidence that we were living together at the same address and travelled together etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Shel. My situation is driving me crazy. For the 3 months that we lived together when I visited him, I have no concrete proof (other than many stat decs) that I lived there but I do have financial evidence that he paid for groceries and numerous air tickets, hotels etc.

From Dec 2010 (which is when we both started living together with my family) to July 2011 is where I lack financial evidence because he didn't open a bank account when he moved here (he was on an internship and earned peanuts, plus we thought we would be moving overseas for grad school in August 2011 but that plan fell through). I only have proof that in May 2011 he purchased air tickets and hotels for us both. He did however make large cash withdrwals frequently from here through his bank account back home during Dec 2010 to July 2011.

I have my bank statements for Dec 2010 to July 2011 but they're useless because they don't specify where the transcations occcured (like the store name or anything). However, they do show me withdrawing cash regularly.

Essentially we both used cash during this period until in July 11 we got full time jobs. Thus, from August 2011 to March 2012 I have ample financial evidence. However, from Dec 2010 to March 2012 I have ample proof in all the other areas.

So, do you think I'm doomed?

I'm sorry my posts sounds so confusing and thank-you so much for your advice.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks Shel. My situation is driving me crazy. For the 3 months that we lived together when I visited him, I have no concrete proof (other than many stat decs) that I lived there but I do have financial evidence that he paid for groceries and numerous air tickets, hotels etc.

From Dec 2010 (which is when we both started living together with my family) to July 2011 is where I lack financial evidence because he didn't open a bank account when he moved here (he was on an internship and earned peanuts, plus we thought we would be moving overseas for grad school in August 2011 but that plan fell through). I only have proof that in May 2011 he purchased air tickets and hotels for us both. He did however make large cash withdrwals frequently from here through his bank account back home during Dec 2010 to July 2011.

I have my bank statements for Dec 2010 to July 2011 but they're useless because they don't specify where the transcations occcured (like the store name or anything). However, they do show me withdrawing cash regularly.

Essentially we both used cash during this period until in July 11 we got full time jobs. Thus, from August 2011 to March 2012 I have ample financial evidence. However, from Dec 2010 to March 2012 I have ample proof in all the other areas.

So, do you think I'm doomed?

I'm sorry my posts sounds so confusing and thank-you so much for your advice.
Hi Smile19,

Don't fret and relax. For all you know, the answer might be right in front of you.
These are some things which might help;

When he was living with you, was there any letters/statements sent to your location with his name on it? If there is, that can be used and will be very helpful, since you mentioned that he's been living with you since Dec 2010.
Submit those, prefably with dates going as far back as possible, together with letters addressed to you to show that you've been living together.

Made any huge purchases in both your names recently?If so, include it in the submission.

What DIAC wants from all the information is basically to see if your relationship is the real thing.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice :). Yup we do have correspondence from official sources addresse to each of us at the same residence. The only problem we have is the lack of financial info from dec 2010 to jul 2011.

Did you also apply in Singapore? If you did, how long did it take?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks for the advice :). Yup we do have correspondence from official sources addresse to each of us at the same residence. The only problem we have is the lack of financial info from dec 2010 to jul 2011.

Did you also apply in Singapore? If you did, how long did it take?
Hi Smile,

As long as you can show that you and your partner are in a relationship the past year,it should be fine. I guess if you give them whatever you have and maybe just state the reasons, they should not be so rigid. If the information was not enough, they would normally ask for more, so make do with what you have.

I applied in WA, and it took me 11 months.Pretty long,eh.I did it via agent, and itr used to be 2 to 3 months, but DIAC is also getting very strict on this route of migration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.