Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

ACS approved my work experience from May 2010 till Date. I was on a study leave to Italy from Aug 2011 - May 2012 for about 9 months and then I join the same company in Pakistan as I was on a study leave. Since I was on leave so while making the Experience letter they count the study leave period as well.

Since I was a student in Italy, do I need to declare that in FORM 80 or during lodging Visa application? Even if they cut down my 9 months from work experience, still I am scoring 10 points as I have more than 6 years of experience to date.

Kindly advice how can I solve this matter.

G

·
You need to declare all employment, study and travel on Form 80 as you know so yes your work experience will be deducted as you were not in full time paid skilled employment as per DIACs rules.

You can not 'solve' it, this is the way it is. If you need the points you will need to find them elsewhere or wait a year until you have more experience.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to declare all employment, study and travel on Form 80 as you know so yes your work experience will be deducted as you were not in full time paid skilled employment as per DIACs rules.

You can not 'solve' it, this is the way it is. If you need the points you will need to find them elsewhere or wait a year until you have more experience.
Thanks for the advice.

1) Will they count my work experience till the date I will apply for my Visa? Or they will count what it is mentioned on the ACS approved letter?

2) When I ask my current company to issue me a work experience letter, they did not mention my study period and said it will be counted in total according to their rules so I have no clue how to tell ACS that I was on a study leave in between. Does it leave a negative impression to the CO? I am worried now before it looks simple to me.

I am also willing to give them all the information but even if they deduct my time of study leave, till date I am having more than 5 years of experience so my points of work experience will remain 10.

Kindly advice.

G

·
They will count experience until the day you apply. You just need to get more references and pay slips to cover that period from the ACS result until you apply.

It is not negative that you studied. You simply put the end and start dates of each period of employment and the same for study. That clearly shows the employment was not continuous.

You will be fine so long as you show all dates clearly where asked. Good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is of great help and motivation.

Finally, the last thing knocking in my head is do I have to give proof of my scholarship in Italy as I was employed there for about 9 months and in the meanwhile I was taking courses as a Master's student as well?
I cleared my course work but did not defend my thesis as I have some personal conflicts with my supervisor and left the degree and the institute in between.

I have a proof that I was employed there, but since it is not gaining any points I did not mention in my ACS. But you are absolutely rite that I have to tell them now as my points are still 10 for 5 years experience till date. Since I am doing my case without help of any agent so mistakes are part of my process as its something new for me.

Thanks for the guidance.

G

·
The fact you left the course without finishing doesnt matter so long as you have the qualifications needed to pass the skills assessment.

The employment you had there should be put on your visa application because they ask for all employment. If it is relevant and you can evidence it with references mark it as relevant, if it is not or you have no evidence of it simply mark it as not relevant.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fact that I did not want to mention my employment because I have no Experience letter from that organization and its not a full time job, moreover I was there on a student Visa and in that particular Research Institute all the students works as Research Assistant. Plus we take classes in the evening from the University. For employment, student visa is unacceptable to any country and work permit was not given to any student working in that institute. Its complicated to make the CO understand the complete story without evidence.

I did not mention this work Experience in the EOI since I was studying there on a scholarship and its not a valid work experience for my category. Now, what my intention is to mention in my Visa application that I was on a study leave from my current organization but I did not complete my degree and came back due to some personal problems. I want to show this gap as a study gap. They might deduct my time duration of overall work experience but still I am scoring the same points mentioned in my ACS.

Am I thinking in the right direction after your advices?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts