Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am self employed and the clock it ticking to return my Declaracion de Renta. I have no idea how to go about this.

I understand I have a few options:
1. I can fill in the form online myself (my Spanish is not great and the form seems complicated)
2. I can ask for and accept Agencia Tributaria's version (which I don't know how to do either).
3. I can pay one of the (it seems many) companies who will do it for me.

I would like to be able to do this for myself. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Hello,

I am self employed and the clock it ticking to return my Declaracion de Renta. I have no idea how to go about this.

I understand I have a few options:
1. I can fill in the form online myself (my Spanish is not great and the form seems complicated)
2. I can ask for and accept Agencia Tributaria's version (which I don't know how to do either).
3. I can pay one of the (it seems many) companies who will do it for me.

I would like to be able to do this for myself. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks.
As autonomo in Spain, as I understand it, you have to do things differently. I seem to recall that you have to do quarterly returns!

Your best bet is to find a gestor to do it for you - you need an accountant anyway! I would not advise using one of the many companies as they may charge 'too' much.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i agree you have to do quarterly returns best to find a good gestor that can sort it for you around here we pay 40 euros a month and they do everything for us

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Declaración de Renta - How does it work?

I've been a self employed teacher for awhile and I always only did an annual tax return. In any case, how do I go about contacting a gestor? Is it really worth it? Isn't there any online help available?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts