Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this from the UKVI.

My settlement application was submitted on the 25th April which meant that day 60 was on the 20th of July.

At 45 days my wife contacted them via the email service then via the phone service to get some information on the status of the application. They issued the bog standard replies and said they have escalated the application and will get back to us within 15 days.

On day 15 we received nothing so contacted them again via their phone service to be told that a decision was made on the application on the 19th july and that we should receive the passport within the next 10 days.

Fast forward to yesterday, my wife contacted them again via the phone service to find out further information to be told that they are going to escalate the case again as it is more than 10 days and advised that i go to the VAC to check if they have the passport there.

Went to the VAC to be told that they don't have the passport and can't offer me any other advice than to maybe try again in a few days to a week and see if they may have it then as their email system sometimes doesn't work and doesn't send out an email when they scan it into the system.

This morning my wife receives an email from the UKVI stating that the decision has in fact not been made on the application despite the system saying it has and our supporting documents being returned 2 weeks ago. My wife then called them in a panic to be told the same thing along with the fact that there is a note on the system stating that we were told that the decision has been made on the 19th but now it hasn't and all we can now do is wait.

It has completely deflated us being that we thought we were at the finish line or it was at least in sight , to now be told that we still have a long way to go.

Has anyone ever come across this situation and can advise us any steps to take or do we just in fact have to wait



Thanks in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this from the UKVI.

My settlement application was submitted on the 25th April which meant that day 60 was on the 20th of July.

At 45 days my wife contacted them via the email service then via the phone service to get some information on the status of the application. They issued the bog standard replies and said they have escalated the application and will get back to us within 15 days.

On day 15 we received nothing so contacted them again via their phone service to be told that a decision was made on the application on the 19th july and that we should receive the passport within the next 10 days.

Fast forward to yesterday, my wife contacted them again via the phone service to find out further information to be told that they are going to escalate the case again as it is more than 10 days and advised that i go to the VAC to check if they have the passport there.

Went to the VAC to be told that they don't have the passport and can't offer me any other advice than to maybe try again in a few days to a week and see if they may have it then as their email system sometimes doesn't work and doesn't send out an email when they scan it into the system.

This morning my wife receives an email from the UKVI stating that the decision has in fact not been made on the application despite the system saying it has and our supporting documents being returned 2 weeks ago. My wife then called them in a panic to be told the same thing along with the fact that there is a note on the system stating that we were told that the decision has been made on the 19th but now it hasn't and all we can now do is wait.

It has completely deflated us being that we thought we were at the finish line or it was at least in sight , to now be told that we still have a long way to go.

Has anyone ever come across this situation and can advise us any steps to take or do we just in fact have to wait



Thanks in advance
Quite similar to my own situation and almost identical timeline. Our decision is made though and confirmed as decided since 13th July. This is confirmed by the online tracker, email received on 15th July from Sheffield and confirmation from calling UKV&I enquiry line but my wifes passport and the decision have not yet been returned. We are also being told it is now escalated and could take a further 15 working days. See my thread on here "Delay in Return of Decision"

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/br...-living-uk/1309842-delay-return-decision.html

Did you receive an email confirmation?

Try entering your GWF number in full on this website including GWF at the start

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus

If it says not recognised then unfortunately no decision is made. If there is a decision it should return a "decided" message in a green box along with the date.

I am aware of your specific situation happening to somebody else from another forum. They did eventually get their passport back with the decision and it was positive.

Unfortunately, all you can do is wait out the 15 days and hope they respond satisfactorily to the escalation. This what we are doing unless somebody advises another option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Hi c_cam and Russia2UK,

I'm just wondering if there are any updates or follow-ups in your cases regarding the delay of returning passports as I personally am experiencing the similar situation here.

Biometric took on 05/06/2017 and on 25/08 i tracked that online status checker and found it showing 'decided' but waited for a few days and no sign of my passport being returned. I concluded that it's not normal as from the visa centre previous cases (I applied from Taiwan), it usually takes 2-3 workings days after applicants found their visa decision been made.

It's my 7th working day and I just called ukvi again today (been emailed and called them a few times and they both confirmed that a decision been made on my case on 23/08) and of course they can only advise me to wait for 10 working days for the case to be escalated.

The past week has been awful, I feel it's even more anxious than the wait before (60 working days to find the decision made), so hope you guys can shed some lights if I can get to know any updates in your applications, cheers!
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top