Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, good day... I would like to asked if my visa has been refused or approved. I have read from a forum here that when it's refused the email message would be "the decision has been made" and if approved the message would be "dispatched shortly". Now i feel so down that my email from manilavisainfo only says " decision has been made on your application and your documents are being returned to the VAC... is it true that i'm refused based on that email? Thank you in advance... I really bad crying now... :'(

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Agreed. There is no secret message or anything on emails. Just a generic notification they have finished with your application without disclosing the result. Wait till you get your documents back.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I received this message... And my application was approved.
I didn't know until I opened up my documents and looked inside my passport.
You just have to wait, there is no secret message in the wording from Sheffield. Good luck.

" A decision has been made on your UK Visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK. "

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi, good day... I would like to asked if my visa has been refused or approved. I have read from a forum here that when it's refused the email message would be "the decision has been made" and if approved the message would be "dispatched shortly". Now i feel so down that my email from manilavisainfo only says " decision has been made on your application and your documents are being returned to the VAC... is it true that i'm refused based on that email? Thank you in advance... I really bad crying now... :'(
Hi
don't worry,last time i got visa and email said -the decision has been made

·
Registered
108 Posts
Guys,

From what I've learned, when visa is approved, there is always a Reference No, usually in brackets like this (Ref: 12345678) in the subject or body text of the email from UKVI.

And another good sign is when in the email you see this kind of words "Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration for more information about the UK visa and what it permits visitors to do whilst they are in the UK."

Why would they ask you to visit above link if you weren't granted a visa? :)

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
That reference is to a visitor visa, so not relevant to settlement visas.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, i just received my visa today and it's approved! Thanks you but I don;t know if i should celebrate or light a candle. When i checked my visa, there's 1 letter exceeded/ error on sponsor's surname. I send embassy an email but no reply. Please let me know what to do or is it possible to travel into the UK (with the documents supporting the correct spelling of sponsor's name for airport check) and just have it corrected when I arrived? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
If you have time, get it changed now. You will be allowed into UK with uncorrected visa but then you have to send off your passport with covering letter to UKVI in Croydon to get it changed - a major pain as you will be without your passport with visa inside for a month or so when you need it to register with doctor, open bank account, get a job etc.
You should send an urgent email to https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have time, get it changed now. You will be allowed into UK with uncorrected visa but then you have to send off your passport with covering letter to UKVI in Croydon to get it changed - a major pain as you will be without your passport with visa inside for a month or so when you need it to register with doctor, open bank account, get a job etc.
You should send an urgent email to https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure
How long does it takes to have it corrected? My flight will be end of this month.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone. Very new to the forum. Just got my husband's settlement visa refused. We are applying from overseas and both my current job and job offer in UK pays less than than the required gross annual income of 18600. To meet the shortfall we wanted to combine both salaries with cash saving. My query is do I have
to show two separate cash savings to meet the shortfall of 1) my salary overseas 2) my job offer salary in UK. They have matched my savings with the shortfall in my uk job offer but refused on the grounds that my salary overseas does not meet the 18600. Very confused. Please help. Is it better to appeal? Also if I leave my current job would they ask any documents during the appeal process?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys...I received the same exact message like Queen 26 and its only 15 working days..I did biomterics on the 08th n got the same message on the 30th. If its fast does it mean refusal or?? Hoping for a favorable outcome..crodsing fingers...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.