Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decision Email Received - SCARED

33K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  j4v3d 
#1 ·
Okay so I received an email from Sheffield saying a decision had been made but I'm SO nervous. I feel like they made a decision too quickly as I wasn't priority (see my timeline in my previous thread). I felt confident before but now I'm just plain scared.
This is how the email was worded:

"Dear

Regarding Visa Application:
For:

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the UK Decision Making Centre. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) will be returned there for you to collect in person unless you have opted for a courier return service.

You will receive a separate notification from the Visa Application Centre advising you that the decision has been received there and that your passport is ready for collection. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have received this notification.

If your visa has been issued after a successful appeal please go to the VAC 5 days after the receipt of this email to collect your passport. The VAC will not contact you regarding this."

Needing some reassurance!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Timeline

Applying from USA
Online application submitted: August 28th
Biometrics appointment: September 8th
Documents submitted to Sheffield: September 16th
Documents arrived in Sheffield: September 21st
Decision email received: October 9th

Thank you for your optimism! The only reason I feel weird about it is the fact that I received such a quick response and my application was non-priority.

#4 ·
Timeline

Applying from USA
Online application submitted: August 28th
Biometrics appointment: September 8th
Documents submitted to Sheffield: September 16th
Documents arrived in Sheffield: September 21st
Decision email received: October 9th

Thank you for your optimism! The only reason I feel weird about it is the fact that I received such a quick response and my application was non-priority.
I've seen quick decisions made for USA applications and they've got the visa. So you will have the visa too! This is good news! Any updates on the tracking?

#6 ·
Check the tracking number after a couple of hours each time and hopefully you shall see some updates. Keep us updated. :)

#9 ·
Keep in mind that the bulk of processing time consists of your application sitting in a pile waiting to be seen. It doesn't matter whether it's straightforward or complicated it's going to be sitting in the same pile.

It does seem that at least for US applications, some of the backlog has been cleared and things are speeding up.

#10 ·
It's been growing over the past 2.5 - 3 weeks. I've seen a host of decision made emails and visa's granted over the past 2 weeks and today!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Your decision made email looks completely different from mine? I saw that you received your passport back today with the visa approved, congratulations!!! Here is my email below:

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone.

If you have requested a courier service, you can track the location of your travel document on line. If you have opted to collect your decision from a VAC team they will notify you that your documents are ready for collection.

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice.

Regards,
Reema
UK Visas and Immigration

Reema

UKVI Contact Centre

I received this last Monday and still haven?t received notification that my passport has been handed over to the courier service :(

#21 ·
Will this affect my entry into the UK?

I will need to look through my papers again to see if I can find a letter from them. They've simply put the wrong expiry date. I know it's definitely a fiance visa. The visa even states that work is prohibited.

I will try to get in contact with them. A similar thing happened with me when I was on a Tier 4 visa in the UK and they didn't state that I was allowed 20 hours of work per week. I had to send it off to Sheffield and they sent it back with correct wording.
The only thing is I am not sure who exactly to get in contact with.

#26 ·
I ended up emailing the EC Amendments Manager and she advised me that it is okay to travel to the UK, I will just need to send off my passport to Sheffield after I arrive for them to correct it for me. :D :D

So excited to travel!!! Thanks for all that have helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.