Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OMG now I am worried.

We've just received the email that a decision has been made and documents are being returned!!

I am soooo nervous now as we expected it to be another month at least.
I am sure we provided so much information but so worried that they made a decision so fast that it was just a refusal.

No indications/signs on the email are there?

Country applying from: Uruguay
Type of visa applied for: Settlement Visa (non Priority)

Date biometrics taken: 21st April 2015
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: 24 April2015
Office location processing your visa: Bogota
Projected timeline given: 10 weeks

Email received stating it has been assigned to an agent: 19th May 2015
Email received stating a decision has been made: 22 May 2015

Thinking overtime did we provide enough evidence of our relationship? I didn't put the paternal leave on the employment letter from HR but everything else was there.
Pay all ok. P60, bank statements all signed by bank, etc etc etc
photos spanning back 15 years!!
Horrible waiting game now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There is no way to tell what the decision was until the documents are returned to you. The swiftness of the decision has no bearing on what decision was made. I hope it was successful!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
OMG now I am worried.

We've just received the email that a decision has been made and documents are being returned!!

I am sure we provided so much information but so worried that they made a decision so fast that it was just a refusal.

Thinking overtime did we provide enough evidence of our relationship? I didn't put the paternal leave on the employment letter from HR but everything else was there.
Have positive thoughts and answer will be YES.

No point beating yourself up at this stage. Everything comes to them who wait!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have positive thoughts and answer will be YES.

No point beating yourself up at this stage. Everything comes to them who wait!!
I know I know, thank you. All my staff at work and neighbours have been soo supportive. They all want to see my son and wife back here where they belong.

Going to be be a few tough days.:fingerscrossed:

If we do get it it will be one of the fastest in S.America non priority I've seen! 1 month.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi, as others have said you just have to wait and see. But my husband's visa was processed by the Bogota hub in a week so I don't think the timing has much to do with it.
Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
OMG now I am worried.

My partner is applying for a YMS visa to the uk and today received an email saying "a decision has been made and the documents are to be returned to the vac."

I also have no idea weather it's going to be a yes or no, but like everyone says... Wait and see!!! So nervous!! :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The waybill tracking number for it's return shipping is not found yet on the fedex site. Bit strange.
Maybe they used a new one or haven't sent it off yet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
We had a few problems with FedEx. So although the visa was processed quickly the delivery took another week. FedEx were really unhelpful but then one day it just turned up at my husband's house and luckily his sister was there to sign for it. I know it's really hard not to worry but it will arrive soon!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We had a few problems with FedEx. So although the visa was processed quickly the delivery took another week. FedEx were really unhelpful but then one day it just turned up at my husband's house and luckily his sister was there to sign for it. I know it's really hard not to worry but it will arrive soon!
Thanks.

My wife called the Fedex office in Uruguay. They don't work at the weekends so maybe the same in Colombia where it's coming from. :(
Maybe it won't be touched until Monday then.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Fingers crossed! I wish you'll have your visa! I see how much worries you have, I'm also worrying and waiting my visa.
Try to have positive thoughts :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fingers crossed! I wish you'll have your visa! I see how much worries you have, I'm also worrying and waiting my visa.
Try to have positive thoughts :)

Thank you. So very tense right now and all kinds of thoughts going through my head.
No fedex tracking has appeared yet. Maybe on Monday. Some countries only work from Monday-Friday.

Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
188 Posts
oh no don't tell me that!!
Yea it is the case at least in Pakistan I think

Pakistan | Gerry's Visa

SPRING BANK HOLIDAY NOTIFICATION
UK would be observing Spring Bank Holiday (Public Holiday) on 25th May 2015.
High Commission of Pakistan, its sub-offices and Gerry’s Offices in UK will be closed on this occasion.
An official would be available on emergency numbers for catering any emergency situation.

Our Emergency numbers as indicated on our website Gerry's Visa | Gerry's Visa will be open during week end and public holidays for any emergency situation.

We will extend personalized and more efficient service to the valued applicants of Pakistan High Commission. The key features of our Visa Application Center are;

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.