Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you have decided to go to the UK and realized that your best way to do so is applying for a Tier 1 (General) visa.

After reading the guidance notes, you realize that there is too much information to digest. To limit the risk of over looking important factors, you decide that its best to make use of a third party visa agency.

After google searching "uk visa help", you come across numerous agencies.

To answer your next question, "which agency is worth while making use of?" I recommend asking the following two questions:

1- Do they have offices based in the UK?
2- Have they assessed your qualifications correctly by uploading your details on the UKBA's point based database?

The first question will reveal the types of over heads that the agency has to cover. In my experience, the bigger the agency, the more expensive their fees.

The second question will reveal the attention to detail that the agency will give to your unique application. Busy agencies usually dont have the man power to address technical needs. Its important that all your needs need to be addressed.

Personally, I believe there is value in making use of an agencies Know How. They can lead and direct you to ensure a successful visa application. The key is to know which one.

I recommend locally based agencies that focus purely on their countries market.

Globalization (thanks to the internet and technology) does give every company the ability to provide assistance to any one but does this mean that these companies do help?

If you have previously made use of a visa agency, please share your experience with us. Did you find it worth while?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.