Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I hate even discussing it, I need to get some insurance in case of my death, I dont have any at all, and I worry about it, should something happen to me, I do not want the expense passed to my sons.

Does anyone know of any english company, I could speak to regarding this matter, I have put it off long enough and I really dont know where to start.

Would be very grateful for any help

Carolle.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Do you mean a funeral plan?

We have one with Avalon. We now have a card we carry around with us. In case of death the police contact Avalon and they hold a list of numbers to call. Everything is arranged including an English speaking undertaker (makes it easier for family in UK).

We also included a 9 day delay to the funeral to allow friends and family to get here.

It cost about €3,500 each. That was a few years ago - I don't know if the costs have increased.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok sounds good, can you tell me if they let you pay monthly by dd or whatever and do they ask for a deposit, oh do you have a phone no, I could call please

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
As much as I hate even discussing it, I need to get some insurance in case of my death, I dont have any at all, and I worry about it, should something happen to me, I do not want the expense passed to my sons.

Does anyone know of any english company, I could speak to regarding this matter, I have put it off long enough and I really dont know where to start.

Would be very grateful for any help

Carolle.
Do you mean 'death insurance' or 'life insurance' - is there a difference?

Hopefully Xabiachica will be along and rad this thread soon. She has life insurance which costs her just 200 euros per year.

Lynn - can you post some more details on your policy please.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help, I phoned them, a lady called Ruth is coming to see me on tues afternoon. See what she says, I will let you know ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts