Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear expat forum Guru's,

I am new to this excellent forum.I need one help wrt to my eligibility calculation to AUS visa 189 eligibility , please help me out.Below are details of my profile.

1. Age at time of invitation (my age 32)=>30 points
2.English Language at time of invitation =>L7,R6.5,W5.5,S7.0 overall 6.5 : not sure if i can claim any points here.
3.Overseas work experience in nominated occupation or a closely related occupation * at time of invitation => I am confused in this part , I have total 8 years of exp in IT in which 4 years (UK+US) , do i need to just say 4 years as overseas exp or I can count all my 8 years exp ? : not sure
4.Educational Qualifications at time of invitation=>15 points
5.Australian study qualifications at time of invitation
5.a Partner skills :
My wife's age is 26 year and she has done bachelor of engineer in computer science with no work exp and no English language test but her medium of instruction in her college was english : pls let me know i can claim any points here?

Please let me know your thoughts on above points highlighted in red if I am eligible for 189 visa type or not.:confused2:

Thank you very much.

cheers,

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
You need a minimum of 6 in each band to qualify. You only got 5.5 in the writing section. You will either have to rewrite the IELTS or take another comparable test like PTE-A.

Assuming all your overseas work experience is relevant to your occupation according to the assessment, then you can count all of it regardless of where it was obtained.

You can only claim partner points if her occupation is on the skills list and she has obtained a positive skills assessment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Ozbound12, assuming I meet English language test (min 6 in each IELTS section) hope I will meet minimum points required ?

My experience 8 years in the same field 8 years in IT only.

cheers,

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Dear expat forum Guru's,

I am new to this excellent forum.I need one help wrt to my eligibility calculation to AUS visa 189 eligibility , please help me out.Below are details of my profile.

1. Age at time of invitation (my age 32)=>30 points
2.English Language at time of invitation =>L7,R6.5,W5.5,S7.0 overall 6.5 : not sure if i can claim any points here.
3.Overseas work experience in nominated occupation or a closely related occupation * at time of invitation => I am confused in this part , I have total 8 years of exp in IT in which 4 years (UK+US) , do i need to just say 4 years as overseas exp or I can count all my 8 years exp ? : not sure
4.Educational Qualifications at time of invitation=>15 points
5.Australian study qualifications at time of invitation
5.a Partner skills :
My wife's age is 26 year and she has done bachelor of engineer in computer science with no work exp and no English language test but her medium of instruction in her college was english : pls let me know i can claim any points here?

Please let me know your thoughts on above points highlighted in red if I am eligible for 189 visa type or not.:confused2:

Thank you very much.

cheers,
At the moment you are not eligible for 189 nor the 190 skilled visa due to your writing score. You need minimum 6 in each of the modules to be eligible. 6 and 6.5 in each would give you 0 points for English though. 7 and 7.5 = 10 points and 8+ = 20 points for English.

Your age = 30 points. Will reduce to 25 points on the day you celebrate your 33'rd birthday if your EOI hasn't resulted in an invite.

All non-Australian experience = overseas experience. Even then you cannot claim points for all 8 years of experience. It depends on how much experience is deemed suitable towards migration points. Your assessment result will give you this figure. 0-3 years of skilled (as determined by the assessing body) overseas experience = 0 points, 3-5 = 5 points, 5-8 = 10 points, and 8+ = 15 points.

Education = 15 points only if your assessment result says that your education was evaluated as being comparable to AQF Bachelors or Masters. Comparable to AQF Diploma = 10 points instead.

Partner skills = 0 points as ACS will not give her a positive assessment due to lack of experience. She has to have at least 2 years of work experience in ICT to be eligible for the assessment.

Assuming a best outcome (considering that your qualification is compared to AQF Bachelors and is highly related to your ICT occupation and only 2 out of 8 years of your experience is not considered as skilled), then:
Age = 30
Education = 15
Work experience = 10 (for 6 years of skilled experience)
English = 0 (provided you can score up to 6 in all the IELTS modules in your next test)

Total = 55.

To be eligible for 189, you need a minimum total score of 60. Given that partner skills is not an option for you, your only chance is to score good marks (7+) in either IELTS or PTE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts