Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

do i need to upload certified copies of all of the documents? or only specific documents. Please let me know.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
211 Posts
For DIAC/Skill assessment?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Guys,

do i need to upload certified copies of all of the documents? or only specific documents. Please let me know.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
I assume you are asking when lodging VISA application. In that case you can either upload all certified copies or colored scans of originals.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes... can i mix those?... like some colored scan copies and some certified copies...

·
Registered
455 Posts
yes... can i mix those?... like some colored scan copies and some certified copies...
Yes absolutely fine.
All they need legible copies be it color scan or certified copies.

Divya

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
kmann and Divyap and other seniors

I have two specific questions and these might appear silly for some people, but since there are many people like me for whom these processes are new, it will be great if you can help us guiding through these:

1. I have certified all the colour print or photostat copies of originals. (i.e I have taken every document as colour print and colour photocopy and then notarized everything).
This documents include the following specific things which I am skeptical if that would become a problem for CO to think logically that these documents shouldn't have been certified in India as they were issued in Australia and some of which are through emails.

A) ACS result letter (Colour printed and notarized in India).

B) IELTS (Colour photocopied the IELTS TRF and notarized in India).

C) Australia Payslips for entire period I worked there which was sent to me by email every month by payroll (I printed and notarized in India).

D) Australia Superannuation from the Super Vendor (Photocopied the original in black and out and notarized in India).

E) Australia Tax File Number (Colour photocopied the original and notarized in India).

F) Australia Tax paid (PAYG Document which was sent to me by my employer in email, took print and notarized in India).

2. The documents I have scanned some of which are upto 3 or 4 MBs file size. I can reduce it into 144 DPI still with a fair readable quality after which the size of the file will reduce to 1/10th of its original size i.e it becomes around 500 kb or 800 kb max. However, I read that, in the DIAC it says a file can be a maximum of 5 MB size. Still I am fret about, if CO will find it irritated or kind of inconvenience of downloading few MB documents files ? As it apparently needs more patience comparatively than to download same content but with less DPI and hence lesser clarity documents with lesser size ?

Obviously the documents with 3 or 4 MBs are with good clarity having said that, the same documents when reduces to 144 DPI are not that horrible quality.

I know these are silly questions, but still we are newbies to this process and hope it will also help other juniors like me if you seniors who have already applied and or got grant could help us.

Thank you so much for helping us through these silly questions, but your help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
211 Posts

I have two specific questions and these might appear silly for some people, but since there are many people like me for whom these processes are new, it will be great if you can help us guiding through these:

1. I have certified all the colour print or photostat copies of originals. (i.e I have taken every document as colour print and colour photocopy and then notarized everything).
This documents include the following specific things which I am skeptical if that would become a problem for CO to think logically that these documents shouldn't have been certified in India as they were issued in Australia and some of which are through emails.

C) Australia Payslips for entire period I worked there which was sent to me by email every month by payroll (I printed and notarized in India).

D) Australia Superannuation from the Super Vendor (Photocopied the original in black and out and notarized in India).

E) Australia Tax File Number (Colour photocopied the original and notarized in India).

F) Australia Tax paid (PAYG Document which was sent to me by my employer in email, took print and notarized in India).

2. The documents I have scanned some of which are upto 3 or 4 MBs file size. I can reduce it into 144 DPI still with a fair readable quality after which the size of the file will reduce to 1/10th of its original size i.e it becomes around 500 kb or 800 kb max. However, I read that, in the DIAC it says a file can be a maximum of 5 MB size. Still I am fret about, if CO will find it irritated or kind of inconvenience of downloading few MB documents files ? As it apparently needs more patience comparatively than to download same content but with less DPI and hence lesser clarity documents with lesser size ?

Obviously the documents with 3 or 4 MBs are with good clarity having said that, the same documents when reduces to 144 DPI are not that horrible quality.

I know these are silly questions, but still we are newbies to this process and hope it will also help other juniors like me if you seniors who have already applied and or got grant could help us.

Thank you so much for helping us through these silly questions, but your help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
JR
Since they do not put any restrictions on the number of files, you should upload all the files at the highest quality possible( Just make sure the files are less than 5mb else you wont be able to upload it). And it is the CO's duty to review all the files you upload, be it 1KB/50000KB.
I dont think the CO's would have a problem downloading the documents which are 5MB each( We are in the broadband age where downloading a 5MB file wouldnt take more than a few seconds).
So go ahead and upload all the documents without compressing them.

Reactions: jre05

·
Registered
657 Posts

I dont think so , it would be a problem as long as they are certified, even if issued in Australia

I have also uploaded some files 3 MB in size, so size wont be an issue here for CO.Morover, in australia speed of internet is not like we have in India, so document would be downloaded super fast. You can feel relaxed.

Best regards,
JR
Pls find answers in RED

Reactions: jre05

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Since they do not put any restrictions on the number of files, you should upload all the files at the highest quality possible( Just make sure the files are less than 5mb else you wont be able to upload it). And it is the CO's duty to review all the files you upload, be it 1KB/50000KB.
I dont think the CO's would have a problem downloading the documents which are 5MB each( We are in the broadband age where downloading a 5MB file wouldnt take more than a few seconds).
RIght off the bat, I wanted to appreciate your command in English, I always wish I write in your style, actually I mean to say, every word of yours is exactly what I was expecting and in a very much understandable simple way which also gives confidence to me.

Yes we have 60 file limitation, I am very well within this spectrum, so will upload all of these documents too although some of these above mentioned documents are not that mandatory (Like TFN etc)

Thank you so much for your compendious reply. Will follow your advise.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
455 Posts
No, there's a restriction on the number of files one can upload and it's "not more than 60".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts