Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
DBS check won't show any foreign criminal record. But if you have been in UK for less than 5 years, and you have lived in Canada before, you will probably be asked to furnish criminal record check from Canada. If it contains your absolute discharge, then it will be shown.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DBS check won't show any foreign criminal record. But if you have been in UK for less than 5 years, and you have lived in Canada before, you will probably be asked to furnish criminal record check from Canada. If it contains your absolute discharge, then it will be shown.
Thanks for the quick reply. I understand there has been changes to the tier 2 an certain field has to provide a police check to obtain a visa. The RCMP are the only ones who had provide this check by way of a fingerprint? Do you know or have you heard if your arrest and charge show up. My police check with the local police does not show a criminal record, but I am concerned that the the new rule by Home Office, will show my past mistakes? I am more leaning towards to relocating if this is going to follow me abroad.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
I don't know what happens in Canada. Each country has its own rule about how to obtain criminal record and what it may or may not contain. I tend to think that if you have nothing to hide, just disclose it and let the good sense of visa officer or employer prevail. If you are going to work with minors or vulnerable people, then full disclosure is an absolute must for safeguarding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.