Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody live in the Davao city area? I am wondering how much damage it caused there? I was lucky when I lived in Davao I never experienced an earthquake.

Art

·
Registered
604 Posts
Anybody live in the Davao city area? I am wondering how much damage it caused there? I was lucky when I lived in Davao I never experienced an earthquake.

Art
There have been several tremors here in Davao City over the past couple of weeks. The worst was the big one that happened 2 weeks ago with the epicentre near Digos. No damage to our house or any of our friends, and as far as i'm aware no damage in Davao City.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey Hogrider

thanks for the update. I know a 7 on the scale is getting fairly strong. When I was there never had an earthquake. I was lucky. I am coming back to the Davao area.

thanks again

art

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey Hogrider, I see where Davao city got hot again on tue with a 6.6 earthquake. this time it kiiled 6 people and injured several other people. I don't know if I want to go back to that city or not.

art

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey Hogrider, I see where Davao city got hot again on tue with a 6.6 earthquake. this time it kiiled 6 people and injured several other people. I don't know if I want to go back to that city or not.

art
that one also produced shocks in Bukidnon and Cotabato area so pretty wide distribution of tremors

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey Rwestgate

Wow, tremors all the way to Cotabato. that is very far from Davao city. These earthquarkes seems to be a regular thing in that area. When I was in Davao city 10 years ago there wasnt any earthquakes there. I wanted to relocate back to that area but I am concerned about the quakes.

art

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yes indeed the earthquakes and after shocks here in Davao City are very worrying. Two condo buildings have been declared unsafe after one of them had two floors collapse. There are reports of deaths and injuries but actual figures seem to vary depending on the the source. We are feeling several tremors every day now, but luckily until now no damage to our 2 storey house.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey hogrider,

hope everything will be okay in your area. I have never experienced an earthquake so I have no ideal how scary it would be to feel a tremor.

art

·
Registered
604 Posts
hey hogrider,

hope everything will be okay in your area. I have never experienced an earthquake so I have no ideal how scary it would be to feel a tremor.

art
It is really scary. The whole house shaking and windows rattling. Its amazing to me that there can be so much noise and shaking and no damage, not even a cracked window glass.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Hogrider,

How has it been in Davao since the tremors they had there a few weeks ago? Did all of the city experience the shaking or was it in just certain areas? When I was there I lived in the Gainsano mall area not to far from Marco Polo Hotel.

art

1 - 11 of 11 Posts