Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently got invitation to apply 189 visa. I am claiming points for skill, english and age which gives me 65 points. I am not claiming any points for experience.

I just realised that I made error in EOI. Actually my job started from January 1 2015 but as vetassess deducted 1 year for skill, I added experience start date as January 1, 2016 in EOI. I am just worried whether that is considered as a falsified info.

What impact it will have on visa decision? Please let me know.

Is there any way to correct this or is there nothing to worry about?

Thank you in advance.

Bish1989

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Hi guys,

I recently got invitation to apply 189 visa. I am claiming points for skill, english and age which gives me 65 points. I am not claiming any points for experience.

I just realised that I made error in EOI. Actually my job started from January 1 2015 but as vetassess deducted 1 year for skill, I added experience start date as January 1, 2016 in EOI. I am just worried whether that is considered as a falsified info.

What impact it will have on visa decision? Please let me know.

Is there any way to correct this or is there nothing to worry about?

Thank you in advance.

Bish1989
this should not be a problem since you are not claiming any points for experience

however while filing visa application, give details of entire work experience and mark as "not claiming points" when asked

also mention work experience details in form 80 and 1221

Reactions: Bishwo1989

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this should not be a problem since you are not claiming any points for experience

however while filing visa application, give details of entire work experience and mark as "not claiming points" when asked

Thank a lot bro for the information. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
in another words, meaning the work experience in EOI doesn't matter ?

example if i have been working in company A, B, C and D.
But in EOI, i claimed A, B and D only because i do not want to claim points for employment C.

In DIBP stage, in form 80, i have fill all A, B, C and D but mark C as "non-relevant" ?

is it OK for me to exclude employment which i am not claiming points in EOI and list them in form 80 but mark as "not claiming points" ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in another words, meaning the work experience in EOI doesn't matter ?

example if i have been working in company A, B, C and D.
But in EOI, i claimed A, B and D only because i do not want to claim points for employment C.

In DIBP stage, in form 80, i have fill all A, B, C and D but mark C as "non-relevant" ?

is it OK for me to exclude employment which i am not claiming points in EOI and list them in form 80 but mark as "not claiming points" ?
I think so. I also didnot include all those employment in EOI, which vetassess assessed negatively.

·
Registered
25,755 Posts

I have a different opinion.

If the DIBP is not bothered for any experience for which you are not claiming points, they would not have the section with a button where you separate the points claimed and points not claimed experience
They would have asked you to simply fill the experience that you are claiming points for.

You just cannot fill any random dates you want, for the experience you are not claiming points for and get away with it.

It is a matter for the CO to decide in his wisdom how seriously he views this error

Of course this is my personal view and not based on my interpretation of the column

Cheers

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a different opinion.

If the DIBP is not bothered for any experience for which you are not claiming points, they would not have the section with a button where you separate the points claimed and points not claimed experience
They would have asked you to simply fill the experience that you are claiming points for.

You just cannot fill any random dates you want, for the experience you are not claiming points for and get away with it.

It is a matter for the CO to decide in his wisdom how seriously he views this error

Of course this is my personal view and not based on my interpretation of the column

Cheers
I strongly support newbienz opinion on this.

In the fine print of the EOI you declare that all answers are correct and you are advised that incorrect answers may lead to a refusal of you application. So I would too recommend to answer all questions truthfully and correct them if necessary. Since you haven't received an invite yet, your EOI is not locked. So it should be fairly easy to adjust your answers in SkillSelect.

The DIBP wouldn't ask if they didn't care. Your CO tries to get an idea about who you are and fits together all pieces of information you provide. If they don't match, i.e. if the information provided in SkillSelect differs from the information provided later in the actual application and/or maybe in Forms 80, 1221 - even if you're not claiming points - the CO's alarm bells will ring. You really want to avoid any inconsistencies and stick to the actual facts.

Also may I ask why you don't claim any points for your experience, although you've had your skills assessed by VETASSESS?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I strongly support newbienz opinion on this.

In the fine print of the EOI you declare that all answers are correct and you are advised that incorrect answers may lead to a refusal of you application. So I would too recommend to answer all questions truthfully and correct them if necessary. Since you haven't received an invite yet, your EOI is not locked. So it should be fairly easy to adjust your answers in SkillSelect.

The DIBP wouldn't ask if they didn't care. Your CO tries to get an idea about who you are and fits together all pieces of information you provide. If they don't match, i.e. if the information provided in SkillSelect differs from the information provided later in the actual application and/or maybe in Forms 80, 1221 - even if you're not claiming points - the CO's alarm bells will ring. You really want to avoid any inconsistencies and stick to the actual facts.

Also may I ask why you don't claim any points for your experience, although you've had your skills assessed by VETASSESS?

Thank you for your opinion. My positively assessed job started on January 2015 but vetassess took one year away just for the assessment. That means, point claim for experience starts only from 2016 January. So, I would need 2 mor years to claim 5 points. That is the reason I mentioned I started on January 2016.

Do you think it is okay if I fill information correction form 1023 or should I start new EOI? I don't want to take a chance.

Bish1989

·
Registered
114 Posts
No, that won't work - Form 1023 is only to be used with updating incorrect information in the actual visa application and not for the EOI.

Just update your EOI with the correct information. You can, of course, also cancel the existing EOI and submit a fresh one, but in my opinion that's not going to make any difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, that won't work - Form 1023 is only to be used with updating incorrect information in the actual visa application and not for the EOI.

Just update your EOI with the correct information. You can, of course, also cancel the existing EOI and submit a fresh one, but in my opinion that's not going to make any difference.
Can I file a new EOI now even if I already have an invitation? Please let me know.

Thank you for your answer

·
Registered
458 Posts
Can I file a new EOI now even if I already have an invitation? Please let me know.

Thank you for your answer
If you have already received an Invitation, let it expire and file a new one, Else just update EOI

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.