Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a dairy allergy and have been in the UAE for nearly 4 months now but cannot find dairy free alternatives to things like butter, cheese, yoghurt, chocolate and ice cream. I can get soya milk but that seems to be about as far as it goes for alternatives to cow's milk in the UAE. Does anyone know any different?

Johnno

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Hello,

I have a dairy allergy and have been in the UAE for nearly 4 months now but cannot find dairy free alternatives to things like butter, cheese, yoghurt, chocolate and ice cream. I can get soya milk but that seems to be about as far as it goes for alternatives to cow's milk in the UAE. Does anyone know any different?

Johnno

You need to take a trip to the Oganic Supermarket and you'll find what you need. Main store is in Dubai Mall and there's small branch in The Greens.

-

·
Banned
598 Posts
go to the local pharmacy and get some lactaid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Hey Johnno, did you have any luck with the dairy free stuff?

I've been allergic to dairy for the last 3 years & recently moved out to the uae from the uk. I always get the lactose thing from ppl, people just don't know the difference! It's even worse in dubai!

Soya milk is all i've found, but the stuff they sell is vile! Looking for soya butter etc. Let me know what you found.

Cheers

Hus

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
check with indian fellows, many of them are strict vegetarians, no eggs, no milk, they would know which staff you need to buy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hus,

Would you believe that I found it all in Spinneys Mangrove Village, Abu Dhabi in the end.

The soya milk is the American Silk brand most of the time; although you do get Australian stuff sometimes. It's all UHT rather than fresh but quite palatable.

Dairy free spread is Benecol Light - mega expensive though.

Yoghurt is fresh Provamel Soya Yoghurt.

They even do Swedish Glace dairy free ice cream in both vanilla and chocolate flavours.

Hope that helps.

Johnno.

I've been allergic to dairy for the last 3 years & recently moved out to the uae from the uk. I always get the lactose thing from ppl, people just don't know the difference! It's even worse in dubai!

Soya milk is all i've found, but the stuff they sell is vile! Looking for soya butter etc. Let me know what you found.

Cheers

Hus

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Cheers

Hus
Hus,

Did you get my response? Was it of any use?

Johnno

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.