Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, but it's crap.

Me at well known cafe at Gold and Diamond Park: "Two English Breakfast Teas, please"

Response: "Yes Maaam/Siiiiiir. How would you like the eggs cooked?"

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
598 Posts
There is a diff between customer service and not knowing the english language very well. Plus add on your OZ accent then its even harder to understand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, but it's crap.

Me at well known cafe at Gold and Diamond Park: "Two English Breakfast Teas, please"

I am sorry to disagree, but I think that most places I have visited the service has been really good. Yes, there are some issues with accents etc, but 9 times out of 10 they do everything they can to help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, but it's crap.

this has nothing to do with customer service mate!!

talk in a manner which everyone understands..

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
The fact that they know a second language, with alot of us 'english' native speakers not able to say the same, is something that we should be humbled by, even if there are these occurences.

Heck, I can not understand alot that is said to me by Uk or Aussie people. I just keep asking what. The middle eastern people are usually quite nice but it seems to offend the native 'english' speakers alot.

Customer service here is lacking though when it seems to be dealing with the government agencies. The DL ordeal was horrid....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Customer service staff are, with view notable exceptions, poorly selected and trained.

There was no language barrier, the person did not know what English Breakfast tea was, even after it was pointed out on tbhe menu.

And as for my accent, you have not heard me speak.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Well intentioned but poorly executed. People want to help but are unable to either through restrictions from above or sheer incompetence.

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
The thing is, if everyone spoke perfect English, there wouldn't be a problem would there.

I blame the parents/education system/government/labour party/.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Aussie accents

I think the problem with us Australians is that we tend to speak to fast and even when we slow down we are still speaking fast....... we'll i have found that is my problem anyway, real frustrating sometimes

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
You guys sound cute... devilishly cute but absolutly unrecognizable in what your saying :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.