Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone.
this is my first post here.

I need some info about immigration in france.

Currently I am on Tier1(Gen), working as a self employed. have done IT degree. I have 2 brother in france. They are french National.

Is there any way i can go and live with them under family unification or work permit or anything else..??

can my brothers do something for me?

kind regards
Zish

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
hi everyone.
this is my first post here.

I need some info about immigration in france.

Currently I am on Tier1(Gen), working as a self employed. have done IT degree. I have 2 brother in france. They are french National.

Is there any way i can go and live with them under family unification or work permit or anything else..??

can my brothers do something for me?
All your brothers can do is to offer accommodation for you to stay, perhaps free of charge. But you have to qualify for a visa off your own back, as you cannot be seen to be in any sense financially dependent on them. Your UK Tier 1 visa is no use at all - it won't be valid in France and won't open any door for you. You just have to find a way to be sponsored for a visa by an established company in France, arguing that they cannot get resident workers capable of doing the job. Or if you want to go down the self-employed route, you have to get permission to establish yourself as an autonome. Once you've lived and worked in UK for 5 years, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain, and after a further year (or straightaway if you are married to a Brit) you can go for naturalisation as British citizen. Then you will be in the same position as your brothers, and as EU national you can live and work just about anywhere in Europe without visa or permit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.