Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

Has anybody got their 457s approved in the month of May 2015.

Please share your timelines.

I m still waiting for mine after 23 business days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi dpkachef, same situation here...nomination approved in March visa filled 13th April still no news...6th week now...off-shore low risk...what about you? Do you think there is a common delay?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still waiting for the grant.. No idea about any common delay, but it seems the processing times have increased particularly in this year. Plus if we go by this sentence in the health details prompt "processing......will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for.....", the longer processing times are somewhat expected.

·
Registered
31 Posts
guys i have a quick question here
does the grant for 457 gets affected by one's ongoing application for 189??
I lodged the 189 visa application two months back and understand there is a delay in the grant, so in the interim can I apply for 457 ??
thanks in advance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the ninth week and still waiting..nothing except an email reply to status query which said that the 457 visa application is under "further processing" . not very sure what it meant actually with respect to time remaining before that application is finalised. Any clues are welcome

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am from Bangalore, INDIA.

My family 457 VISA was applied on May 6.
Medicals done on May 9.
Department asked insurance details May 24.
Insurance certificate submitted June 1.
VISA grant decision awaited...........

My immigration agent in Melbourne tells our company that typicall processing time is 4 to 6 weeks.

They however do not disclose VISA tracking status.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Got my 457 VISA approved today.

Here are the timelines.....

6th May - Nomination Filed
6th May - eVISA applicatio submitted by agent
9th May - Medical tests completed for the me and dependents
23rd May - Department requested for Insurance documents
1st June - Company provided the documents
11th June - VISA Approved.

I am heading to Melbourne next week with my family.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my 457 VISA approved today.

Here are the timelines.....

6th May - Nomination Filed
6th May - eVISA applicatio submitted by agent
9th May - Medical tests completed for the me and dependents
23rd May - Department requested for Insurance documents
1st June - Company provided the documents
11th June - VISA Approved.

I am heading to Melbourne next week with my family.

Application : 10 May,- Medicals 13 MAy- Additional documentation 5 June. No response after that. 8th week now

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi dpkachef, same situation here...nomination approved in March visa filled 13th April still no news...6th week now...off-shore low risk...what about you? Do you think there is a common delay?
457 visa how long does it take for nomination process i have already gone 4 months but nothing answer from the agent he told me that pls wait have some it will take time i have got sponsorship approved on 18 April 2015 from till date no news.

·
Registered
114 Posts
hiiiiiii

457 visa how long does it take for nomination process i have already gone 4 months but nothing answer from the agent he told me that pls wait have some it will take time i have got sponsorship approved on 18 April 2015 from till date no news.
Hello Dear friend
I am also thinking to apply for 457 with my family. As I have no luck in 189.
Kindly help in telling the procedure and cost and recommend any agent(Please send private message).
I will be highly thankful to you.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hello Dear friend
I am also thinking to apply for 457 with my family. As I have no luck in 189.
Kindly help in telling the procedure and cost and recommend any agent(Please send private message).
I will be highly thankful to you.

Thanks
The DIBP website gives a fairly decent summary of the requirements. You need to wait until your employer lodges their nomination before you apply though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hello Guys
Do anyone know any agent who can arrange job on 457 and process my case?
Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
HI All,

Need help regarding 457 nomination rejection,

my nomination for 457 visa was filed by my employer and recently got rejected due to lack of supporting documents by my employer. I have not applied for the visa from my side so far. now since the nomination is rejected I cannot apply for the 457 visa. Now, I am planning to apply for my student visa to do masters in IT. Would the 457 nomination rejection which was due to my employers fault have any impact my student visa?

I have landed into all this mess after I accepted the advice by my agent in India who insisted me to apply for this 457 visa.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts