Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

would like to know is anyone aware of whats the current scene of jobs esp in IT sector

is there any online portal which gives this info

all suggestions are welcome..

·
Registered
208 Posts
ITs not great, economy seems to be in doldrums.
But i guess its more to do with the massive surge in the migration that happened in few years .
While the PR are given without considering the job market scenario and the migrants feel that there are lots that's being offered in reality the jobs are scarce.
But i guess individuals must assess themselves rather than making decision based on the opinions in forum .

·
Registered
208 Posts
ITs not great, economy seems to be in doldrums.
But i guess its more to do with the massive surge in the migration that happened in few years .
While the PR are given without considering the job market scenario and the migrants feel that there are lots that's being offered in reality the jobs are scarce.
But i guess individuals must assess themselves rather than making decision based on the opinions in forum .
Hi,

I have been in Australia 2 years before on 457 worked for a year.
I am going to be back there on july have got extension for 6 months from my current firm on contract over there.
But i have given a skype interview on one of the companies competitors and it has gone positive, most of the information has already been given in the forums.

But for me my product expertise in one of the Financial Products plus working in investment bank helped me to get the skype interview scheduled. I believe if you have domain expertise that might help you search job.

·
Registered
832 Posts
hi all,

would like to know is anyone aware of whats the current scene of jobs esp in IT sector

is there any online portal which gives this info

all suggestions are welcome..
Current job scene depends on a lot of factors. It's not something which can be classified as 'good ' or 'bad'. I personally know a couple of people who managed to secure jobs while still in their home country, in spite of not having any niche skills. And at the other end of the spectrum, I see people on the forum saying that they aren't able to secure a job even after months, and so they are considering returning to their home country.

Everyone's experience can be different. You'll never know until you try it yourself. In my case, I have taken 2 months unpaid leave from work (June and July), during which I'll be looking out for jobs in Australia. If I'm successful, well and good. If not, I'll probably have to come back to India, and think of immigration whenever the market improves.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Funky- how do you explain this 2 months leave to your current employer? You surely aren't telling them that you are going job hunting down under, and may not return if you find one?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Funky- how do you explain this 2 months leave to your current employer? You surely aren't telling them that you are going job hunting down under, and may not return if you find one?
Good question! It was a bit tricky, to be honest. I have told my manager that I have a lot of ancestral lands in my native village and since there is no one to tend them, I have to take some time off to sell them. If I do get a job in Oz (which I sincerely hope I do), I'll just tell my employers that I sold the lands for a huge sum, which has made me so rich that I don't need to work anymore! :p

Of course, these are all blatant lies because I have no lands at all!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good question! It was a bit tricky, to be honest. I have told my manager that I have a lot of ancestral lands in my native village and since there is no one to tend them, I have to take some time off to sell them. If I do get a job in Oz (which I sincerely hope I do), I'll just tell my employers that I sold the lands for a huge sum, which has made me so rich that I don't need to work anymore! :p

Of course, these are all blatant lies because I have no lands at all!
The answer looks good but is there no notice period in your current firm, How will you manage to get the relieving letter by presenting such a response just curious.

·
Registered
832 Posts
The answer looks good but is there no notice period in your current firm, How will you manage to get the relieving letter by presenting such a response just curious.
Yeah, I do have a notice period, but I have the option of buying out that notice period as well. So I will just have to shell out a small fortune for this, but if I have secured a job in Oz then it would be totally worth it!

·
Registered
832 Posts
nice to have a company which is giving you an option of buying out

my company will not give me such option..
Yeah, MNCs usually don't offer buyout option. My current company is a startup, hence I have this facility.

·
Registered
832 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts