Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just purchased a house in Cyprus, very exciting, :whoo:but now need to pay for it! Has anyone recently dealt with a currency exchange company they could recommend? There are so many it is hard to decide who to go with. Thank you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are just about to trade with Smart currency as they offer best deal today. Has anyone got a crystal ball and can tell me if the Euro will go above 1.19 next week? Keo in it...
Thank you for your quick replies today.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Well as most people recommended Currency Fair and you've gone with Smart, I think you should be more confident in their crystal balls.

With Currency Fair you could select the rate you want to change at if you're not in a great hurry and then see how things pan out next week, changing the contract to suit.

CF are quoting 1.1901 as I write this with only €3 fee to remove the money. How well are Smart doing?

Pete

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pete, Smart just offered the best rate at 1.1905 and no fee, and we wanted to be sure what we were paying. Its not that we were ignoring advice. The crystal ball was just a tongue in cheek comment in what has been quite a difficult day. Once again, we do appreciate the advice we are given on this forum.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi

We use Smart as well, I don't think there is much in it between Smart and Currency Fair

·
Registered
262 Posts
for our business we use xe.com, where we have a business account, and we are very happy with them. mind you , we are happy because they have good functionality for business transfers, so they might not be the best for you.

Martijn :ranger:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts