Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked last night what 'curd cheese' is in Spanish. I had to admit to not knowing - so a bit of research led me to quesón.

So now I know what it's called (I think:confused:), does anyone know where it can be bought in Spain?

I have to admit to never having used it myself, so I'm totally clueless as far as this is concerned!

I have also found links that suggest it is the same as Quark - does anyone know?

·
Registered
19,386 Posts
I was asked last night what 'curd cheese' is in Spanish. I had to admit to not knowing - so a bit of research led me to quesón.

So now I know what it's called (I think:confused:), does anyone know where it can be bought in Spain?

I have to admit to never having used it myself, so I'm totally clueless as far as this is concerned!

I have also found links that suggest it is the same as Quark - does anyone know?
I think it's requesón which is like cottage cheese. See images
requesón - Buscar con Google

Quark is like sour cream. Now I'm getting mixed up between American/ British English and Spanglish!!

You can get quark (which I'm not sure if it's a brand name or not) in Carrefour, and probably requesón too. You can get requesón in Alcampo and probably quark too! Sometimes butchers have requesón in the cheese section

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.