Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a US yank in the process of moving to AD for a position with a company. The company manual says that employees must not wear clothing that have "...culturally inappropriate or offensive logos."

Does anyone have any examples of what kinds of logos may be culturally inappropriate or offensive?

The only one I can think of right off the top of my head would be a logo incorporating a certain type of star signifying a particular country in the Middle East, and that is understandable. But, are there any others?

Thank you, and I appreciate this forum...I have learned a lot before my anticipated arrival.

Michael

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Naked people, swear words (FCUK is accepted, but i frown upon it)....

Just use your head, your timberland kit will be fine....

And even if it isn't the (usual guys ie not the total bigots) will just ask you to cover up.

Don't worry, there's loads of starbucks here and you think they're really worried about Israelis and jews????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naked people, swear words (FCUK is accepted, but i frown upon it)....

Just use your head, your timberland kit will be fine....

And even if it isn't the (usual guys ie not the total bigots) will just ask you to cover up.

Don't worry, there's loads of starbucks here and you think they're really worried about Israelis and jews????
Thanks for the info Andy!

Already checked out the Starbucks, since that's my only addiction!

As for the Israeli thing, well...I was raised in Saudi Arabia...but, that was quite a few years ago! :D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
a t shirt with a big penis on it would be inappropriate, also maybe F.B.I - FEMALE BOOBIE INSPECTOR that would also class as inappropriate.

weed symbols, etc etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.