Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmm forecast 12 degrees at night in madrid saturday. Not sure summer is here yet :D
oh:(
It's lovely and breezy at the mo after a hot afternoon. Go everything open so that it cools down, and we actually had a short burst of rain.
As we go to the UK in the summer I always keep stuff out anyway. I usually wear my Madrid winter coat in the WSM summer :)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
30º/15º yesterday, 25º/13º today and a forecast high of 18º on Sunday for me. The mercury's falling here in Madrid - I'm getting my woollies out again!

·
Registered
19,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are a few videos in this article if you want to see stormy Madrid:

Summer in Madrid: Hail, storms and flashfloods - The Local

My forecast now says lows of 8º over the weekend. Hot water bottle coming back out!
I came back through Torrelodones at @ 19:30. The main street was under a foot of water in places as some of the manhole covers (of which there are about 20, goodness only knows why?!) had blown off due to the force of the water, and it's not the first times this has happened. Before that the bridge over the motorway was also flooded. I'm glad I was on the service road and not the motorway, although maybe there were more puddles/ lakes on the edges of the road.
Apparently there was a big storm in Madrid at @ 2:00 yesteday morning and a women was killed when a garage wall collapsed this morning.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
We've just come back from a few days in Tarifa, foolishly not having taken any jackets or sweaters with us, and it was quite chilly compared to where we live, especially at night. Not so great for the wind/kite surfers either, we spoke to a young German woman who'd come over for a week's kitesurfing and only managed to get out on 2 days.

Here, however, it was 32C when we got back (but very breezy) so definitely OK to ditch the winter woollies. Think I'll just stay at home in future.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts