Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all
My critical skill was rejected for the following reason
the applicant s profession of credit analyst is not catered for on the critical list.the list of occupations /categories can be found under government of gazette no 37716

i would also like to specified if i can only ask my employer to change the possition
or i also need to ask the professional body ( irmsa) to change as the also write credit analyst on the critical skill letter

thank you all

·
Registered
174 Posts
If your employer is flexible they could write a different position on the contract and letter of employment . Just for you to apply. Many companies have done that .

·
Registered
174 Posts
It depends with the board that you used and what the letter says. I'm in engineering so the field is quite broad but the letter is standard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
even the professional body is stating credit analyst which is not also in the government of gazette
i am afraid after appealing they came with new issues
i am thinking of applying to another professional body which take time an lot of money

·
Registered
174 Posts
Rather apply with another board. An appeal won't help you if the documents have not changed. I would spend the time and money and ensure that I get the Visa.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have never appealed but from my experience on these forums, I have seen only 1 successful appeal and it took him a year of tedious follow up. Reapplying is the common route.

But that's just me.......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can I reapply while still waiting for my appeal result? Also have u heard of anyone getting a PR (under critical skills) from SA embassy in home country (zim,zam,nam, places like that)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Did you apply in your home country? Did they not take your passport ? Which makes it impossible to reapply without a passport. Others can confirm if you can apply with a pending application ...

I am yet to see a PR application in the home country for African countries. I have seen people from the UK get PR in their home country but not in Africa yet.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Why don't you just apply here in SA unless it's a first time application? Home country applications in African and Asian Countries are just a mess.

We go through hell compared to what our fellow expats from the west go through.

Im sure others will also advise you if they have seen a successful PR in the home country.

·
Registered
174 Posts
No you can only apply in your Home country if you're not on any other visa. You can't apply using a visitors visa also. You just have to wait for your appeal outcome. All the best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Geniuses in the house
I would like you to advise me, I applied for a critical skills got my critical skills assessment from IITPSA as a business analyst, membership certificate and others I submitted my application through vfs in september and on friday the 13th of october 2017 I got a rejection that "the applicant employer does not fall under bpo" . How do I appeal this rejection is there a body for bpo that my employer needs to register with, can you pls advise. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have never appealed but from my experience on these forums, I have seen only 1 successful appeal and it took him a year of tedious follow up. Reapplying is the common route.

But that's just me.......
I would like to find out guys If I appeal and don't get the outcome in time. Can I put in a new application?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts